Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racing feature implemented

Racing feature implemented

Hello everyone. An initial version of the feature suggested in this thread is now in the game.

The reason this is in the forum and not the website is because, at the time of posting, this feature is too basic and still being made. I've decided to release it unfinished to hear what you guys would like added or changed to it.

This way, it can be expanded based on your feedback and suggestions, and we will end up with something everyone likes.

In it's current state, you are able to create your own racing tracks, save them, share them with your friends and, of course, have races or time trials in them.

Creating tracks

You can use the /newtrack command in order to open the Track Creation tool.
    As the name implies, this is what you will use to create racing tracks. The menu opened by this command includes an Instructions section with everything you need to know.

The tool is very easy to use and the instructions in that command are all you need to know. However, if you still don't understand it, or would like to see an example, I've made a very detailed tutorial which you can read here.

Racing in the tracks

There are two types of race: Time Trial and Group Race.

The first step is to load a track by using /loadtrack [track id]. When the track is loaded, you will be asked to choose which type of race you will do on it.

Time trials are self explanatory. You try to finish the track in the shortest time possible.

Group Races, as the name implies, require you to be in a group. Loading the track will tell your groupmates to join your race (/joinrace [name/id]), and you will be able to start the race whenever everyone is ready, with the /startrace command. A countdown will appear on the screen, freezing all the competitors while it counts to avoid cheating.

All tracks are public. When you create a track, anyone can load and play on it.

If you don't want to create a track but would like to test the feature, you can see all created tracks clicking here.
    You can order them based on name, creation date or times played, and clicking into a track will show you a map of how it's composed, and a leaderboard of time trials which were ran on it.

Only donating players can create racing tracks, but everyone can load and use them.

Please share your feedback, suggestions and bug reports below.
    Last edited by Markski; 18-05-2020 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Added new features

Tried it, works quite well.

Suggestions:
    /shownode should show the last node you place when you don't specify a node.
    /replacenode [ID] should set the old node to the spot you currently are.
    Carjacking a player in a race should not be possible (one contestant got his car stolen during the countdown).
    /setprize [Amount] should set the prize money for the first player that crosses the finish, provided you have enough money in your hand or bank account.
    /setveh(icle) specify a vehicle for the track, which every contestant can buy at the race start for the regular carshop price.
    /setlaps if the start is close enough to the finish, a number of laps should be able to get specified, so you can create a lapped race. Could be a default setting for the race or an optional one for the race host.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoarmaSnater View Post
    Tried it, works quite well.

Suggestions:
    [...]
    Thanks for your feedback. 3 of your suggestions are now in the game:
    - /shownode will show the last created node if unspecified.
    - Added /movenode to move a previously created node to your current position.
    - Players in a race cannot be carjacked (unless by Law Enforcement).

/setprize and /setlaps might come at a later time when the feature is closer to finished. /setveh will probably never happen, I think players can organize what vehicles to use by themselves.

Finally something big and good has been implemented. Amazing Work! GG Markski
    Please wait while I attempt to give a Fuck...

Donating Player
    Is there a command to display all tracks made? I know about /mytracks but I can't seem to find a CMD for all tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcore View Post
    Is there a command to display all tracks made? I know about /mytracks but I can't seem to find a CMD for all tracks
    This might come at a later time along with a way to upvote/downvote tracks.

Donating Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markski View Post
    This might come at a later time along with a way to upvote/downvote tracks.
    cool, also, it might be good to at least show (if possible) the checkpoints on a minimap picture before the race starts. 'cuz you could end up starting a race and it ends up being a boat race or something...

Oh how I wish you Markski were a SACNR developer back when several players (inc. myself) organized racing tournaments!
    I'm so glad something like this has been implemented. I'm gonna come back to SACNR in the next few days, just to give it a try!

Excellent job!

SACNR: Zigg | Steam: willzigg | R* Social Club: willzigg | PSN: Willzigg | Twitter: willzigg

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg View Post
    Oh how I wish you Markski were a SACNR developer back when several players (inc. myself) organized racing tournaments!
    I'm so glad something like this has been implemented. I'm gonna come back to SACNR in the next few days, just to give it a try!

Excellent job!
    Well then I have to give it a shot as well!

Update:
    - Added a Time Trial mode. When you /loadtrack a track, you will be given two choises, to start a race, or to start a time trial. Time trials don't require you to be part of a group.
    - For now, finishing a time trial will just display on chat what track you finished, in how much time, and in what vehicle. Leaderboards and score tracking might come in the future.
    - Races now display how much distance is left to finish the race, and will show your position in the race in real time.
    - Fixed a few bugs with races finishing in weird states, and timers sometimes not counting.

Also, while we still don't have a way to list all tracks in the game, Jamie has created a page where all the tracks can be listed. You can see who created them, and you can see how they look on the map. In the hopefully near future, it will be possible to sort them by times played, score (coming soon), or date of creation.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their bug reports, feedback and suggestions. Keep them coming!
    Last edited by Markski; 15-05-2020 at 12:18 AM.