Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Racing feature implemented

Hello, i just did a couple of timetrials, i love it and will probably spend a lot of time doing it, but i think it could still be improved a bit.
    Firstly, is there a way to show 2 nodes at the same time? It would be nice if we could see the node we're supposed to be driving though, and the one after it (possibly in another color). It would make it much easier for players, who don't know the track well.
    Another thing, i noticed if you jump though a node at an altitude (for example, track 19 has a jump over the bridge in Palomino creek, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pY...ature=youtu.be), it doesn't get detected. I don't think this is something that needs to be scripted in another way, just something track creators have to keep in mind.

Showing one race checkpoint at a time is a sa-mp limitation, but they do have an arrow in them which points in the direction of the next point. We could possibly do something with the minimap to show another icon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadi View Post
    Hello, i just did a couple of timetrials, i love it and will probably spend a lot of time doing it, but i think it could still be improved a bit.
    Firstly, is there a way to show 2 nodes at the same time? It would be nice if we could see the node we're supposed to be driving though, and the one after it (possibly in another color). It would make it much easier for players, who don't know the track well.
    Another thing, i noticed if you jump though a node at an altitude (for example, track 19 has a jump over the bridge in Palomino creek, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pY...ature=youtu.be), it doesn't get detected. I don't think this is something that needs to be scripted in another way, just something track creators have to keep in mind.
    Definitely something track creators should keep in mind.

There's a reason why the node is placed like that in that particular track. It turned out a little boring towards the end and I wanted a little twist there. Most of my tracks (ID 19 included) are made for time trials where you first learn the track by giving it a few tries. This of course doesn't quite make sense yet because we don't log much race stuff and don't have leaderboards. I personally cannot wait to try to break other players' records.

Update:
    - Time trials results per every track are now saved. Information such as what vehicle was used, if the vehicle had nitrous or not, if the weather was good or bad is included in these records. Leaderboards won't be public for a couple more days while some stuff is getting set up, but you can rest assured that all the trials you make from now on are being saved and will be in the leaderboards when they go public.
    - The next node is now shown in the radar as a purple icon, both on race and trial mode.
    - The winner of a race is now announced in global chat just like Time trial results.
    - /mytracks now allows to rename and delete tracks.
    - Fixed real time position during race being innacurate at best.
    - Fixed tracks with the max amount of nodes having a broken finish line. (hopefully, didn't have time to test this one but the error seemed obvious)

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
    Last edited by Markski; 16-05-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Best Time on the website page of races should be added. That adds competition and would be cool.

A gold, silver and bronze position who did the best time.

EDIT: Oh, it's already there, but on each of the track pages. My bad.

How about putting it on the list of the tracks? What do you think Markski? [ saw on discord, leaderboard was added by Jamie, ok. ]
    Last edited by Ben18; 17-05-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben18 View Post
    How about putting it on the list of the tracks?

nah

Also, any possibility to make it zoom further to see the checkpoints clear?

Example: https://www.sacnr.com/races/tracks/8

Also, any possibility to make it zoom further to see the checkpoints clear?

Example: https://www.sacnr.com/races/tracks/8

If you hold Ctrl while scrolling your mouse wheel, the map will zoom. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    If you hold Ctrl while scrolling your mouse wheel, the map will zoom. Hope this helps.
    Meant like businesses/houses map.

Meant like businesses/houses map.
    Then no, not going to happen I'm afraid.