Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing activity/mini-game

Donating Player

Racing activity/mini-game

Okay, so the idea behind this is simple. X amount of people join a group, they get their vehicles ready and then they meet up at a location (somewhere, anywhere, let's just say it's a marker in Idlewood for now) where they vote for a race track. After that, they drive to the start line. Everyone bets X amount of money (again, they should all give the same amount for the bet so let's say 50k per racer) before the race starts. Then, the race starts and the 1st one to pass all the checkpoints - wins. Winner takes 65% of all bets, 2nd place gets 25%, 3rd place gets 10%. Street racing was kind of implemented in San Andreas with a few single-player missions and a mini-game you can unlock. So I guess it should be possible to port them to the server. Also, if you win multiple races in a row, you get a little bonus for being a good racer.

Some restrictions should be implemented, like civ only, no wanted players so cops don't mess up your races, no weapons in races and no weapon damage in general so people don't have their friends camping a few key places and shooting at other drivers.

Also, maybe separate the races in classes like sport cars, sedans, bikes, utility vehicles ('cuz truck races are fuuuun shit!) etc. etc...

That's it for now. :)

EDIT: Found this, hope this helps with tracks/track selection a bit.
    Last edited by Ashcore; 05-05-2020 at 04:52 PM.

This would be great . I would also like to add a small idea to this suggestion . Cops should be alerted if they are within a few 100 meters of the racers , which will generate heat . Would be like underground racing - "fast and the furious" cop's messing up the races , whilst being in close proximity , would be even more thrilling , is my opinion.
    Anyways , amazing suggestion bud.
    +1

+1 pee pee poo poo

+1 Great idea

Donating Player
    +1 as this will attract more players and allow free time to be used in a fun way
    [IMG]http://www.sacnr.com/sig/LuMi/553449/

Donating Player
    holy shit, that's actually pretty good. A 4 star wanted level for all racers if cops are near! :o

Haha , indeed .

+1 for the 4 stars when cops are near! They should be illegal racing indeed to keep it linear with the theme of the server whic is Cops and Robbers.
    Last edited by Ben18; 11-05-2020 at 04:36 PM.

May be implemented. If we do this, no race paths will be provided by the server. Players will have the ability to create and share their own instead.

We also won't provide ways to filter tracks by vehicles. That'll have to be sorted by whoever is organizing the race.

Many years ago (between 2010 and 2013 iirc) a few people like driftb0y (now known as 328), FireSt0rm, Slizer, haydugjr, DinoBoss and I used to race a lot in SACNR, for fun. Some of us even created racing tournaments.
    We created a lot of race tracks that are still listed here: https://forum.sacnr.com/threads/2939...as-race-tracks
    Feel free to use them if you find them useful!

Anyway, even if I don't play SACNR anymore, this is the kind of feature that could make me come back. Huge +1 from me!

SACNR: Zigg | Steam: willzigg | R* Social Club: willzigg | PSN: Willzigg | Twitter: willzigg