Thread: regarding the covid-19 scare

regarding the covid-19 scare

Hey guys ,
    Hope you all are doing fine. As we all know , In the wake of covid-19 , a mandatory quarantine has been established by most of the countries , in order to control the pandemic. Lets get one thing cleared up . It is a DNA based virus and hence , its mode of action isn't complicated . It is just like "the common cold" (caused by a group of viruses called "Rhino viruses").As a medical biotechnologist , I personally believe
    "Herd-immunity" is the way to go.The vaccination is going to take another 10 months or so , to come out , as it has to go through pre-clinical trials , and four phases of clinical trials .
    The virus : It is just a genetic material , covered by a protein coat , and hence , Detergents , Ethanol will help getting rid of this .
    A recent article on this stated "75-90 % of us , if/when affected will be asymptomatic " to the disease. So , you may think , now that this is cleared up , there's nothing to worry about .
    North korea had 91 cases with patients , getting re-affected with the virus.
    Even if you contact the virust, and prove to be symptomatic, there is no reason to panic. clinical recovery for mild cases is 1-2 weeks . only people with a system that is immuno compromised should be worried and it is safe to say , most of us do not fall under the category .
    Guidelines to be followed :
    1. People living in countires that do not have a mandatory quarantine , please feel free to have a nice job / walk on the morning - to boost morale . (restrictions can be nerve racking)
    2. Trying adding Turmeric, pepper in all the dishes you eat . Try having green tea , with ginger/lemon . this helps you boost your immunity . Have 3-4 healthy meals a day .
    3. In case you go out , please follow the "WHO guidelines to washing your hands " . Apparently , the virus can stay "alive" on metal for about 12 hours , so refrain from touching metallic objects on the street. Since the virus isnt airbourne , you will contact the virus only if you have physical contact / if someone sneezes on you . so , please maintain a few meters distance from the rest .
    Lets all have fun , and get through this and not be snub about the seriousness of the situation at the moment.
    Have a nice one you guys , and stay safe .

Thank you for the information.

Can you also tell us if it is possible to be infected by the virus if we have already been infected previously? I am no biologist or a medical practitioner but my intuition says that since we have already developed anti-bodies against the virus, our body is aware of how to act against the virus, and should be able to counter it. Isn't it similar to how vaccines work, except that vaccines do not contain these particles/micro-organisms in their original form?

Quote Originally Posted by AkshaY View Post
    Thank you for the information.

Can you also tell us if it is possible to be infected by the virus if we have already been infected previously? I am no biologist or a medical practitioner but my intuition says that since we have already developed anti-bodies against the virus, our body is aware of how to act against the virus, and should be able to counter it. Isn't it similar to how vaccines work, except that vaccines do not contain these particles/micro-organisms in their original form?
    Yes, is possible to contract the virus again if you had it previously

Yes,you can be infected by the disease. The immune system should be able to take care of it , better than the first time. This is due to the memory gained on the first attack . But , there were 91 cases in Korea and the patients who were re-affected , claimed that the second attack was even worse . So , let’s all just stay safe .

I'm immune bubonic plaque couldn't faze me I can't be infected I only can get hay fever

That's great news.