Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Add more banks

  1. #11
    Donating Player Clarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beacon Hills.
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    1
    I am not saying that this is implemented and things stay the same, things could change.

    Let's see guys, play with logic and common sense.

    Example:

    Instead of getting 4 points for each robbery, you can only get 2 (even 1)

    Instead of getting 80k - 100k for each robbery, you can get 40k - 60k etc.

    I'm not talking about farming score or fucking the economy, it would simply be interesting to implement this banks to make other cities more fun to play when they are active cities.

    The score and money can be balanced respectively.

  2. #12
    Donating Player Ben18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I am not saying that this is implemented and things stay the same, things could change.

    Let's see guys, play with logic and common sense.

    Example:

    Instead of getting 4 points for each robbery, you can only get 2 (even 1)

    Instead of getting 80k - 100k for each robbery, you can get 40k - 60k etc.

    I'm not talking about farming score or fucking the economy, it would simply be interesting to implement this banks to make other cities more fun to play when they are active cities.

    The score and money can be balanced respectively.
    You have a point though, more banks would mean more fun, more reds and therefore more players to try and arrest for cops.

    Economy and score gaining would have to be balanced though. I don't know, let's see what more players and admins think about this.

  3. #13
    Donating Player ML2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Why ask???
    Posts
    2,121
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post

    Instead of getting 4 points for each robbery, you can only get 2 (even 1)

    Instead of getting 80k - 100k for each robbery, you can get 40k - 60k etc.
    But you could just rob stores. What's the difference?

  4. #14
    Donating Player Clarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beacon Hills.
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ML2000 View Post
    But you could just rob stores. What's the difference?

    Although they are the same, it is more fun to rob a bank than a store, but your point is valid, maybe the difference could be that robbing a bank would give you 2 of the score instead of 4.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben18 View Post
    You have a point though, more banks would mean more fun, more reds and therefore more players to try and arrest for cops.

    Economy and score gaining would have to be balanced though. I don't know, let's see what more players and admins think about this.
    This is what I am saying.

    Let's not see it on the bad side of farming score and make easy money, this can be balanced equally, let's see it on the brightside that this can attract more players to continue playing when the active city changes.

  5. #15
    Donating Player Dairis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    1
    Just more robable places... Casino in Los Santos, Donut shop, Jizzy and SACNR Headquarters in San fierro

  6. #16
    Donating Player Ben18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    This is what I am saying.

    Let's not see it on the bad side of farming score and make easy money, this can be balanced equally, let's see it on the brightside that this can attract more players to continue playing when the active city changes.
    I see what you are saying but there is still that problem. The server would have all the bigger and smaller cities with a bank each... The problem of farming score and making easy money would still remain and fuck up the economy.

    I feel like we have enough banks all over the map. There are always stores as ML2000 said. This is my final opinion on the matter. Let's see what others have to say about this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dairis View Post
    Just more robable places... Casino in Los Santos, Donut shop, Jizzy and SACNR Headquarters in San fierro
    I agree with this idea.

  7. #17
    + on ship in SF

  8. #18
    Donating Player Rivendell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    1
    if add more banks, then lower the score u get for robbing it. no lifers

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    "The economy of the server" Man, seriously?

    The server has a considerable amount of players again because of the reset, otherwise it would be just as dead as always with 10 players maximum. The economy sooner or later, in a few months will be as fucked up as ever.
    The economy will never be the same as before. Your money is never safe. It's either in a house, which can and will get robbed, or in a business, where icons no longer have an impact on the robbery amount. If you're willing to play without dying and paying medical fees, keep it in your bank.

    The system right now is balanced as it should be.

    Having more banks would be fun, but it is still easier to earn money. Anyone can just rob a bank and then move to another city and rob the bank in that city. Bare in mind that the bank robbery cool down is only 5 minutes.
    I make dough, but don't call me Doughboy!

  10. #20
    Senior Member Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,179
    Rep Power
    1
    We have enough banks. As pointed out by others, they'd just become another way to spawn money.

    We're trying to operate on a risk/reward basis. If more banks are added, the risk is reduced and so the reward would have to be to. We'd end up at a point where it's not economically viable to rob a bank and so people just wouldn't.

    There are plenty of stores and businesses to rob throughout the map, maybe start there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •