Thread: Multiple drug plants combining into a singular plant.

Multiple drug plants combining into a singular plant.

Date/Time:
    2019-12-04 14:10 CET

Problem:
    Drug plants are combining into a singular plant

Description:
    fig. A - https://i.imgur.com/Vv1ImMP.jpg

The picture details 4 drug plants.
    /di shows 5 plants planted.
    Drug plants 4 and 5 are at the same size and grew about twice as fast as plants number 1/3.

You can't tell from this picture but there is no drug plant that does not have the model.
    There are only 4 checkpoints for my drugs.

fig. B - https://i.imgur.com/HYbL7gP.jpg

The picture details the /plants command after harvesting plant number 4/5.
    Plant number 4 shrunk back down to 2 grams (This might also have been plant number 5 that is now 4).

Conclusion:
    Plants number 4 and 5 were combined somehow.
    After harvesting plant number 4/5 and checking /plants the combined plant "split" and returned to 0 grams, possibly also that it never grew and it was a display bug. (Will have to check again with letting a combined plant die)

How to replicate:
    Unknown/Unsure - I planted the drugs at a decently fast rate. The location can be seen in the pictures.

That's an interesting bug. The drug plant system is currently full of flaws like this, a partial rewrite will be going live at some point in the near future which should change how plants work and hopefully fix things like that.

This doesn't sound like a reproducible bug and seems more caused by the timers that handle plant logic. If someone can actually figure out how to reproduce it though, I'd be interested in hearing how.

I may have more info regarding this case.

After having no planted drugs and logging off and logging back in, some drugs were planted in locations where I had planted previously.
    There was one plant suddenly planted at the same location as in the screenshot, starting at 0g, as well as in 2 different locations I had planted previously.

Looks like the server is saving more than 5 drugs (possibly failing to delete some old plants), and keeps them hidden since the system only allows a player to have 5 at a time.

I fixed a few ways this could happen during the weekend, but looks like there's another way left. Will look into after the changes mentioned in my previous post go live.

I also had a situation where one plant was already on 180, while the other ones were still at 25. And yes they were planted at the same time.

This is likely fixed now. Players who log in for the first time today might find the last ghost plants in their /plants if they had none when they last left. If this keeps happening, post here