Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revert stock selling system to how it was before

Quote Originally Posted by Ben18 View Post
    wtf $500,000 for 500 stock, $1,000,000 for 1000 stock? That's waay too much.... change it, please.

and stock consumption is still way too much. bought 7 weapons and lost almost 200 stock. There is no sense investing on a biz if it's like that.

- - - Updated - - -

How about change it to this way?

You get to choose how many single weapon you want to sell, like:

- Buy 500 sawn off shotguns stock: Set price ( could be $100,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )
    - Buy 500 deagle stock: Set price ( could be $75,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )
    - Buy TEC-9 stock: Set price ( could be $75,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )

The price is based on whic weapon is more valuable in relation to its efficiency.

and so on.

And 1 stock is 1 weapon because you already bought 500 sawn off stock, 500 deagle stock etc.

When sawn off stock runs out, you won't obviously be able to sell that particular weapon until you re-stock it and this will apply to every other weapon.
    This would be really annoying to manage. The point of the system operating the way it does is that you don't have to spend half your life buying stock for your business - you can just go in and buy X stock and it'll sort it out for all the weapons/items at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklite View Post
    So *currently* there is a bug, which means that by default, all items are sold at cost price. I.e. you don't make any money off selling guns. This is a bug and will be fixed shortly.

Stock isn't 1:1 anymore. Now when someone buys an item from your business, the amount of stock consumed is relative to the cost price of the item, which is ~60% of the default sale price for any item. Stock currently costs $1000, so if you sell a combat shotgun for $10,000 (the default price), your profit is ~$4000 because 6 stock ($6000) were consumed to pay for the cost of the item.

There's also another thing to be aware of; if you sell an item that has a remainder after being divided by the stock price ($1000) which is less than the stock price, then it'll randomly decide whether to consume a stock or not. For example, let's say someone buys a Desert Eagle for the default price of $6500. The cost for this item is ~60% of the default price, so in this case that's $3900 of stock that will be consumed. 3 stock will be consumed because of the $3000, which leaves $900 left over. There is a 90% chance that a fourth stock will be consumed, because $900 is 90% of $1000 (the stock price). Over time, this all works to keep your profit margin at ~40% (by default).

So the TL;DR is: by default your profit margin is ~$40%, although you can adjust it to be as low as ~-20% or as high as just over 200%. And the other benefit to buying stock is that any money you have converted into stock can't be stolen.

EDIT: Oh and we won't be changing it back because it's far more balanced now (after the bug fix) than it was before.
    if you sell a sawnoff or a tec9 for default value, you don't earn anything, sawnoff and tec 12 stocks, default price 12000 you need to sell it for 16000 to get 25 % profit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kush View Post
    if you sell a sawnoff or a tec9 for default value, you don't earn anything, sawnoff and tec 12 stocks, default price 12000 you need to sell it for 16000 to get 25 % profit ...
    So *currently* there is a bug, which means that by default, all items are sold at cost price. I.e. you don't make any money off selling guns. This is a bug and will be fixed shortly.

Donating Player

Stock isn't 1:1 anymore. Now when someone buys an item from your business, the amount of stock consumed is relative to the cost price of the item, which is ~60% of the default sale price for any item. Stock currently costs $1000, so if you sell a combat shotgun for $10,000 (the default price), your profit is ~$4000 because 6 stock ($6000) were consumed to pay for the cost of the item.

There's also another thing to be aware of; if you sell an item that has a remainder after being divided by the stock price ($1000) which is less than the stock price, then it'll randomly decide whether to consume a stock or not. For example, let's say someone buys a Desert Eagle for the default price of $6500. The cost for this item is ~60% of the default price, so in this case that's $3900 of stock that will be consumed. 3 stock will be consumed because of the $3000, which leaves $900 left over. There is a 90% chance that a fourth stock will be consumed, because $900 is 90% of $1000 (the stock price). Over time, this all works to keep your profit margin at ~40% (by default).

So the TL;DR is: by default your profit margin is ~$40%, although you can adjust it to be as low as ~-20% or as high as just over 200%. And the other benefit to buying stock is that any money you have converted into stock can't be stolen.

EDIT: Oh and we won't be changing it back because it's far more balanced now (after the bug fix) than it was before.
    Took me a hot second to comprehend the math (not exactly sure why) but makes sense. :).

Thanks for the explanation. I was concerned when I lost a lot of stock at once and only made 40k, but now I understand. :). Also that's when the bug was still happening by the looks.

So there was a bug, alright. And the explaination of the stock system is now way more clearler. It should be posted under Businesses in the Help section on the website.

Oh, and the Businesses section needs a revamp, totally. There are still old info about business system.

If only there was a way for any donating player to update this information...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    If only there was a way for any donating player to update this information...
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    https://www.sacnr.com/help/edit/6/EN/

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I knew you were probably pointing at that. I just wanted to make sure.

I know any donating players can edit this, I've updated the business section in the past myself. I just think it would be better if any admin actually update it this time, since they know better than me everything about the new stock system, just don't want to make errors.

I knew you were probably pointing at that. I just wanted to make sure.

I know any donating players can edit this, I've updated the business section in the past myself. I just think it would be better if any admin actually update it this time, since they know better than me everything about the new stock system, just don't want to make errors.
    Feel free to make the changes yourself if you wish. Someone will correct them if something is wrong.

__________________________________________________ ____

The business stock system is now fixed, so the flaws mentioned here should no longer be an issue.

The core functionality of the business stock system is no longer up for discussion, so I consider this thread has reached the end of it's life.

If you came here for information on how things work now, read Blacklite's post in the second page (here). If you think there's another flaw with the business stock system that could be attributed to a bug, open a new thread in the Bugs/Typos section of the forums.