Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revert stock selling system to how it was before

"newbies won't have a chance to stock up their and improve their bizs."

No one will have the chance to print money like they used to before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben18 View Post
    What's with stock selling though? 1000 stock is not 1000 stock anymore. If someone buys 1 or 2 weapons, you lose like 30 or 40 stock...

It's weird and complicated, should be balanced in another way rather than this way. And it's too expensive to buy stock and security, newbies won't have a chance to stock up their and improve their bizs.
    The only other feasible solution would be to make biz owners buy stock per every single item they sell. And I think none of us wants that.

Starting and opening a business requires strong investment. There should be no way around this.

A solution to this problem will be pushed soon. Be advised it increases the cost of stock a little more, BUT it will make the amount of stock spent per sale much lower (even more so than the price increase suggests), as well as give bonuses for buying high amounts of bulk stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Markski View Post
    The only other feasible solution would be to make biz owners buy stock per every single item they sell. And I think none of us wants that.

Starting and opening a business requires strong investment. There should be no way around this.

A solution to this problem will be pushed soon. Be advised it increases the cost of stock a little more, BUT it will make the amount of stock spent per sale much lower (even more so than the price increase suggests), as well as give bonuses for buying high amounts of bulk stock.
    You know what? I like this new stock selling system, makes it harder to sell a lot like a printed machine as you said, but just a thing needs to be changed, how much stock you lose, lower that one please. 30, 40 stock every 1 or 2 weapons seem too much in my opinion. Oh and of course, add the bonuses you think of planning.

The price of stock has been raised to $1000, in order to make calculations simpler. Stock consumption should now be a lot lower than it used to be, at least 50% so. Leaving thread open for further feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Markski View Post
    The price of stock has been raised to $1000, in order to make calculations simpler. Stock consumption should now be a lot lower than it used to be, at least 50% so. Leaving thread open for further feedback.
    wtf $500,000 for 500 stock, $1,000,000 for 1000 stock? That's waay too much.... change it, please.

and stock consumption is still way too much. bought 7 weapons and lost almost 200 stock. There is no sense investing on a biz if it's like that.

- - - Updated - - -

How about change it to this way?

You get to choose how many single weapon you want to sell, like:

- Buy 500 sawn off shotguns stock: Set price ( could be $100,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )
    - Buy 500 deagle stock: Set price ( could be $75,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )
    - Buy TEC-9 stock: Set price ( could be $75,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )

The price is based on whic weapon is more valuable in relation to its efficiency.

and so on.

And 1 stock is 1 weapon because you already bought 500 sawn off stock, 500 deagle stock etc.

When sawn off stock runs out, you won't obviously be able to sell that particular weapon until you re-stock it and this will apply to every other weapon.
    Last edited by Ben18; 04-12-2019 at 08:33 AM.

wtf $500,000 for 500 stock, $1,000,000 for 1000 stock? That's waay too much.... change it, please.

and stock consumption is still way too much. bought 7 weapons and lost almost 200 stock. There is no sense investing on a biz if it's like that.

- - - Updated - - -

How about change it to this way?

You get to choose how many single weapon you want to sell, like:

- Buy 500 sawn off shotguns stock: Set price ( could be $100,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )
    - Buy 500 deagle stock: Set price ( could be $75,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )
    - Buy TEC-9 stock: Set price ( could be $75,000 for 500 stock of sawn off )

The price is based on whic weapon is more valuable in relation to its efficiency.

and so on.

And 1 stock is 1 weapon because you already bought 500 sawn off stock, 500 deagle stock etc.

When sawn off stock runs out, you won't obviously be able to sell that particular weapon until you re-stock it and this will apply to every other weapon.
    Now you earn the 25 % more like, it's good, i think more will result unbalanced

- - - Updated - - -

Buying stocks for each weapon will be expensive maybe... i just like this

now you pay each sawnoff 12k, 12k x 500 = 6,000,000 (500 sawnoff stocks)

it's balanced because you need at least to sell it for 15k to earn something, and people can decide to spend money there or buying guns to ammunation. Would be good if you pay each gun like 16 / 17 % less so you pay the guns less than ammunation and you can sell in your biz for the same prices, but this will let people earn a little bit more with stocks.
    Last edited by Kush; 04-12-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kush View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the most reasonable person to changes as long as it benefits something. If it balances the economy and there are no downwards on the long run to biz owners, then fine to me. I was just concerned that there would be no point at all if the stock prices is high like $500,000 for 500 stock but you risk to not even earn that amount in the run while losing all the stock in few days, that's why I raised my disagreement; but if there is no way to balance the economy other than raising stock price and nerfing stock loss then okay, at the end if it suits a beneficial method of stock system, I'm okay with it. Still, try to less the stock loss, that would be nice.
    Last edited by Ben18; 04-12-2019 at 01:55 PM.

I'm the most reasonable person to changes as long as it benefits something. If it balances the economy and there are no downwards on the long run to biz owners, then fine to me. I was just concerned that there would be no point at all if the stock prices is high like $500,000 for 500 stock but you risk to not even earn that amount in the run while losing all the stock in few days, that's why I raised my disagreement; but if there is no way to balance the economy other than raising stock price and nerfing stock loss then okay, at the end if it suits a beneficial method of stock system, I'm okay with it. Still, try to less the stock loss, that would be nice.

it's balanced because you need at least to sell it for 15k to earn something, and people can decide to spend money there or buying guns to ammunation. Would be good if you pay each gun like 16 / 17 % less so you pay the guns less than ammunation and you can sell in your biz for the same prices, but this will let people earn a little bit more with stocks.
    basta poco ben per sbilanciare l'economia. sarebbe bello per chi vende tanti stock pagare le armi anche solo il 20 % in meno rispetto ad ammunation, per poterle vendere allo stesso prezzo, anche a me piacerebbe.

- - - Updated - - -

What does 6,000,000 = 500 stock means? Wouldn't it be better with you pay for 500 stock and you get 500 sawn off to sell, like it happens in real life?

- - - Updated - - -

basta poco ben per sbilanciare l'economia. sarebbe bello per chi vende tanti stock pagare le armi anche solo il 20 % in meno rispetto ad ammunation, per poterle vendere allo stesso prezzo, anche a me piacerebbe.
    bro, ma se tu compri 500,000 dollari di stock e poi non guadagni ciņ che hai speso e perdi 800 stock in 2 giorni, ma che senso ha?

So *currently* there is a bug, which means that by default, all items are sold at cost price. I.e. you don't make any money off selling guns. This is a bug and will be fixed shortly.

Stock isn't 1:1 anymore. Now when someone buys an item from your business, the amount of stock consumed is relative to the cost price of the item, which is ~60% of the default sale price for any item. Stock currently costs $1000, so if you sell a combat shotgun for $10,000 (the default price), your profit is ~$4000 because 6 stock ($6000) were consumed to pay for the cost of the item.

There's also another thing to be aware of; if you sell an item that has a remainder after being divided by the stock price ($1000) which is less than the stock price, then it'll randomly decide whether to consume a stock or not. For example, let's say someone buys a Desert Eagle for the default price of $6500. The cost for this item is ~60% of the default price, so in this case that's $3900 of stock that will be consumed. 3 stock will be consumed because of the $3000, which leaves $900 left over. There is a 90% chance that a fourth stock will be consumed, because $900 is 90% of $1000 (the stock price). Over time, this all works to keep your profit margin at ~40% (by default).

So the TL;DR is: by default your profit margin is ~$40%, although you can adjust it to be as low as ~-20% or as high as just over 200%. And the other benefit to buying stock is that any money you have converted into stock can't be stolen.

EDIT: Oh and we won't be changing it back because it's far more balanced now (after the bug fix) than it was before.
    Last edited by Blacklite; 04-12-2019 at 06:31 PM.