Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overhaul Q&A

Overhaul Q&A

This thread relates to this post: https://www.sacnr.com/posts/191-sacn...aul-and-reset/

Please post any questions here and we'll get to them as soon as we can.
    Last edited by Jamie; 19-11-2019 at 12:03 PM.

I got two questions though

1. Are we gonna have Chainsaw back?
    2. Will there be same House/Business System?
    Please wait while I attempt to give a Fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Denim View Post
    I got two questions though

1. Are we gonna have Chainsaw back?
    2. Will there be same House/Business System?
    1. The chainsaw was removed partly due to it being desynced where players with lower ping were punished by taking more damage. Higher ping players were also almost impossible to catch. If we ever moved to server-side damage, I'd vote for it returning.

2. As things stand, the house system is the same. We've made a few changes to businesses in terms of income and security levels but it's pretty familiar. That's not to say we'd rule out any changes you suggest to it, they just won't make it into this week's release.

Donating Player
    Well,

Let's have an honest talk here.

I don't like the idea behind Legacy Stats. I mean, if the whole thing was about a reset, why not reset *EVERYTHING* including the accounts, money, props, stats and even to the point, including this forum? Wiping everything up is better than doing the whole idea behind /lsts (clearly).

I've worked very hard to do some nice stats, I admit the fact that I'm affected by the fact that it will all disappear after few days. I mean, it doesn't deserve to be put in a Legacy "tab" or something. Reset everything or don't touch anything.

In a nutshell, if you really want to do a true reset, delete every single bit of information in the whole database of the server + website + forum (like a damn new server relaunching or reborning). Or, leave everything as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonarem View Post
    Well,

Let's have an honest talk here.

I don't like the idea behind Legacy Stats. I mean, if the whole thing was about a reset, why not reset *EVERYTHING* including the accounts, money, props, stats and even to the point, including this forum? Wiping everything up is better than doing the whole idea behind /lsts (clearly).

I've worked very hard to do some nice stats, I admit the fact that I'm affected by the fact that it will all disappear after few days. I mean, it doesn't deserve to be put in a Legacy "tab" or something. Reset everything or don't touch anything.

In a nutshell, if you really want to do a true reset, delete every single bit of information in the whole database of the server + website + forum (like a damn new server relaunching or reborning). Or, leave everything as it is.

If you'd like an honest talk I'd tell you to grow up and think about things outside of your own box.

Players who want to look at old stats will be able to compare them to others. People who don't want to aren't going to be forced to. If you'd like to be excluded from the legacy stats, send me a PM later and I'll sort it out for you.

Donating Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    If you'd like an honest talk I'd tell you to grow up and think about things outside of your own box.

Players who want to look at old stats will be able to compare them to others. People who don't want to aren't going to be forced to. If you'd like to be excluded from the legacy stats, send me a PM later and I'll sort it out for you.

I mean, there's no growing up by telling an honest opinion.
    I'm saying an opinion and not forcing it on others so I don't look inside my own box. I just don't like the idea, and it is no shame to dislike that is worthless, in my opinion.

Who in the entire servver would even think about comparing his old stats with other players? I mean, a reset should imply getting tons of new players into the game. They won't even care about the old stats.

I just wonder why I feel being attacked that way.

Resetting is not about old.
    It is all about new.

That's all I wanted to say, Jamie.

You're not being attacked. You've made your opinions clear and I've responded.

Legacy stats will be available ingame and on the website, if you don't want to look at them, you don't have to.

If you wish to respond, send me a pm instead so we're not polluting this topic.

One more Question, Apparently We're gonna loose our props and everything so will we be able to get refund for our tokens that we have invested in our props?
    Please wait while I attempt to give a Fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Denim View Post
    One more Question, Apparently We're gonna loose our props and everything so will we be able to get refund for our tokens that we have invested in our props?
    Yes.

All tokens which were given as part of a donation will be reset to the full amount. So if you started with 5, you'll start the new script with 5 too, even if you've already spent them all.

Donating Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    You're not being attacked. You've made your opinions clear and I've responded.

Legacy stats will be available ingame and on the website, if you don't want to look at them, you don't have to.

If you wish to respond, send me a pm instead so we're not polluting this topic.
    I'll decide if I see no harm in its being there or no, I'll send you a PM otherwise.
    I don't see any pollution in discussing normally.

Let's move on to three things I'd like to know and after it, I'll leave the topic peaceful.

1- Missions

What are the adjustments that will be implied to missions? Missions removed?
    New missions added? What are the new public pay changes? etc.

2- Arrest System

Changes?

3- Donator System

Changes?