Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replace red markers for real weed plants

The current system makes you walk really close to the drug plant to be able to steal/seize it.

If the drug plant was an object it would function as a money bag (visual). Players who play on a lowered draw distance would see it before their GPU could load the map and potentially abuse their way to other people's drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    The current system makes you walk really close to the drug plant to be able to steal/seize it.

If the drug plant was an object it would function as a money bag (visual). Players who play on a lowered draw distance would see it before their GPU could load the map and potentially abuse their way to other people's drugs.
    are people really going to do that though? are we just going to not add anymore features because they could potentially be abused?

There's no harm in trying it out.

+1. Yes pleaseee!!!!!

Would be really cool! +1

SUB_NORMAL'S CORP. =DCM=SUB_NORMAL's Avatar
    Yeah, I think everyone who posted here is aware of the visibility changes this would make. As some pointed out, it would encourage full map usage, more stealing (therefore hits) and more fun being creative with spots. They should get pretty close to your plant to determine if it's a drug plant or a normal plant. I'm sure a change like this would be welcomed by most people.
    SACNR's =DCM= Leader
    SELLING DONATIONS! Contact me. (Currently unavailable)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    It can be done, but suddenly your drugs are visible to everyone no matter how close they are, is that really what you want?
    It makes no seance to do this if you can see all the plants in the map, That means you can't hide the plant anywhere.

SUB_NORMAL'S CORP. =DCM=SUB_NORMAL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by =DCM=Gen.Frankie View Post
    It makes no seance to do this if you can see all the plants in the map, That means you can't hide the plant anywhere.
    You can, that's the fun. I always plant in a different spot around SA, and I know that if plants were visible, people wouldn't find them there by coincidence (only if they looked there specifically). The countryside is big enough in case you want to plant on open air. Cities also have endless spots to hide them from the public view and bypassers. There are also places to hide them "indoors", so to speak. Parking lots that you know nobody goes to, buildings in which you can enter without a marker so you can still plant there, even in your house's backyard camouflaged with normal plants. Even roofs can be used, what are the chances somebody will fly over and see them? It just takes more creativity. If somebody is determined to steal plants from other players, they will do so looking for red markers or looking for the weed plant texture and using the same methods. Does anybody plant when there's 5 people very close or around? No. Because they could be pinpointing your location to check if you planted something in there, like I used to do. The way we use seeds today will be the same if the weed plant texture is implemented, nothing would change for the worse. The difference will be on where you choose to plant, encouraging whole map usage and changing these locations over time or people will already know ;) I'd gladly show you in-game where I plant (always a different place), and nobody could ever run into them by chance (or very hardly lol). Except they were targeting you, but in that case, what difference would it make for them to find a red marker or a weed plant since they already know the spot?
    Last edited by =DCM=SUB_NORMAL; 27-02-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    SACNR's =DCM= Leader
    SELLING DONATIONS! Contact me. (Currently unavailable)