Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add /handsup or /giveup

Add /handsup or /giveup

So basically, with the new arrest system cops can take you down whenever they want, since they can just say "you weren't in arrest range", even when
    you give up and stand still. I think that's not good since obviously you'd want to avoid getting taken down w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶k̶
    o̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶m̶f̶e̶e̶s to avoid paying double your wanted value as fee.
    Currently the situation is as follows (as explained to me by a lead admin): As soon as you resist arrest at any point (e.g. driving away from cops while they
    shoot at you) the police is allowed to kill you, even when you give up a few seconds later. That's not very realistic though, as even IRL criminals are given
    the chance to give up at any time, it's not like at some point a line is crossed and they will get shot to death no matter what they do.

So my proposal is as follows: whenever you're red and you want to give up, you type /handsup (or /hu; /giveup; /gu) which plays the current /handsup animation
    and also has the same effects of a tazer (you can't move and rob), but permanently, until you get arrested. Additionally you can't be damaged by cops
    and you automatically get arrested as soon as they enter arrest range.

I hope this makes sense to you, feel free to discuss and ask questions.

Edit:

Video to clarify why this is needed
    Last edited by corny; 14-07-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Banned
    When u get taken down by a cop, ur mfees are equal to ur wanted value.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dragon View Post
    When u get taken down by a cop, ur mfees are equal to ur wanted value.
    Right, I forgot that you don't pay mfees anymore. But it's not equal to your wanted value it's double the wanted value.
    Makes my point even more valid, when you have close to no money in bank or hand and you used to pay a relatively small
    mfee you now might have to pay a huge fee (let's say you kill a couple people and your wanted value is 50k, you pay 100k
    when getting taken down) and go in debt.

This happened to me today btw, I got taken down and was -50k in debt after jail. This never happened to me before since
    I usually only keep low amounts of money in bank and hand and used to pay small mfees.

- - - Updated - - -

Buuuump.....
    Last edited by corny; 12-07-2017 at 05:08 PM.

I'm not sure if this is necessary. If you want to give up, just don't move and let cops take your health down until you're arrested. There is risk involved in crime and if you resist cops then you always have to be ready to get shot down.

Well, I was about to suggest a thing similar to this, /arrest for the person who /handsup
    Me: Hi :)

Crush: Seen 7:30 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ML2000 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is necessary. If you want to give up, just don't move and let cops take your health down until you're arrested. There is risk involved in crime and if you resist cops then you always have to be ready to get shot down.
    wow ml i cant believe you actually wrote this. did you read what i wrote? ill upload a video in a second maybe youll understand then.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    wow ml i cant believe you actually wrote this. did you read what i wrote? ill upload a video in a second maybe youll understand then.
    wut bro you can do /handsup they wont gun you down cmon men

ok waiting for video

+1, black lives matter

wut bro you can do /handsup they wont gun you down cmon men

ok waiting for video

As you can see I was standing still / trying to run towards them they still killed me.
    If I would've had the chance to /giveup here I would've been saved a 50k debt.

There is risk involved in crime and if you resist cops then you always have to be ready to get shot down.
    ^pretty much.

And the cops take the risk of trying to take criminals down now. They die way more often now as well.
    It's not perfect but it's way better now imo.
    somebody is always gonna get ripped off.. everyone gets sabotaged on here from time to time. its just the nature of the game.

if someone wants to give up i guess that should be acceptable but so what if you lose 50k...big deal, not really worth stressin it