Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite old games

favourite old games

post a screenshot or 3 (pictures make thread interesting)

say the year

list genre (ex; fps, mmo, arcade, roleplay)

and then reason why you like it (opinion)

I go

Outcast (outcast 1.1) 1999

action adventer, 3ps, roleplay,

in my opinion, one of the best video games ever made. Why...? Consider the year it came out. Open world like zelda was.

they''re coming out with a new one. Its a huge thing. Small studio with original devs. They are remaking the orignal. if you've never heard of it or played it, you might want to. There are some decent walkthroughs out tehre

Lands of Lore
    \

dungeon crawler, rp, fps?

I been searching for this game for years. Remember failing badly at it when I was like 10 or 11? Played the game twice or something and gave up. With only extremely vague memories (visual snapshots ) of the game, after a few days of endless searching I came across the title, and wasnt sure but found out - it was the one.

You've probably never played a game like this before, in term of graphics...and a block-like map. Every level is a maze you explore through 1 dimention - left right back forth. That said, this game has elements that most are very familiar too; an inventory, a map, different weapons, exploration, and some roleplay. But its simplicity, wonderful cut scenes that are like heroin when going through constant mazes, voice over (i cant play a game without it) and uniqueness makes this a game worth playing, as long as you're willing to put in the time. It's a dos game.

Roller coaster tycoon

everyone knows this game

gta2 but i reallly suck at it

played this for hours with my friend who found out about it from his older brother. (it was a bad game!!! not for kids!) we played together and it was a gay male bonding expierence. we kissed a few times

please, tell me yours.
    Last edited by Charles_Bukowski; 23-04-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Anyone remember Sims 2 (2004) ?
    Played this alot some years ago.
    I liked this game because everything there is what people do in real life, thats it.

Last edited by Klepto; 23-04-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Heroes of Might and Magic III

Released 1999, but I accidentally got it somewhere before 2007 as I remember. Spent over 1000 hours on that game for sure.
    It's a turn-based strategy game. Has story mode, loads of regular vs bot modes, multiplayer, map maker. It was and might still be considered a fantastic game.
    in 2015 they released the 7th game on the series, so it is still going and hasn't died off after all these years. It's amazing game and this series fanbase favor this game over others in the series/over other start games in that time.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Realease 2007. Not that old game, but still already 10 years old. ( march 20ish realease). I got it somewhere in 2010's. Spent around 700 hours on that game mostly cause its more of a story based/ progressive game and has a ending. ( or endings if to be precise)
    It's a first-person/shooter/survival horror game. Kind of open world, it has these areas that are connected with each other. Amazing game with very good sound settings and decent visual design. Very addictive. It's recommended to use the fix mods on it tho when starting to play.

Stronghold Legends

Released 2006. Also got this game accidentally near 2010. Spent nearly 1000 hours on that as well.
    It's a medieval/fantasy-based real-time strategy game. Has story mode, multiplayer, vs bots, different gamemodes, map maker. The visual designs vere good, and have aged well/decent too in my opinion.

I wanted to share some of the less known games. My gaming started around 2008 so I don't really have much experience with late 90's games ;(
    By getting games accidentally, I mean that I didn't look for this specific game before buying, I got it as a gift or it was cheap and I just bought it not even knowing what that game is about.
    Last edited by [WH]McH; 24-04-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    The Destroyer Of Threads, The King Of Bullshit, The Emperor Of Complaints, The Reaper Of Music Threads, The Shark Of Dark Sectors, The Phantom Of Forum

Quote Originally Posted by [WH]McH View Post

Released 1999, but I accidentally got it somewhere before 2007 as I remember. Spent over 1000 hours on that game for sure.
    It's a turn-based strategy game. Has story mode, loads of regular vs bot modes, multiplayer, map maker. It was and might still be considered a fantastic game.
    in 2015 they released the 7th game on the series, so it is still going and hasn't died off after all these years. It's amazing game and this series fanbase favor this game over others in the series/over other start games in that time.

Aww yes, awesome game, still playing it today. The fan made HOTA mod for this is great. You can create so many different winning strategies with different heroes, castles and creatures. Definitely the hallmark of the HOMM series.

----

Icewind Dale series - 2000,2002

It is a role-playing video game, possibly the best I have played. Plot, voice acting, soundtrack, gameplay - it's all great. You create 6 characters, ranging from fighters and rangers to clerics and mages, from humans and elves to dwarves and gnomes. You choose the traits which you think are best for your character, so it's up to you whetever your character grows to become a hot-headed melee fighter, an accurate sharpshooter or a charismatic diplomat. The fights are really a lot more difficult than in your avarage RPG, they often require real strategic scheming - the order you kill your enemies in, your party formation, the weapons your fighters use and the spells your wizards cast - they all play a crucial role in your success. At times there are also riddles you must solve in order to pass on to the next area, which can be quite difficult to crack without using internet.

Here is an example of how combat works in the game.
    Last edited by ML2000; 24-04-2017 at 12:30 PM.

1 . Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader - 2003 this game had a great storey line to it. It has multi player capability but never got that chance to try that since I found it late and some reason gamers didn't like the games format when it came out.

2. NES Battle of Olympus - 1988 game i played when I was little it was made similar to Zelda 2.

3.PS2 Kings Field the ancient city 2001 first-person role playing video game. pretty nice graphics for it's day
    Attachment 12585

The best game ever

Favorite old game besides heroes and hitman 2: GTA San Andreas (2004)

By getting games accidentally, I mean that I didn't look for this specific game before buying, I got it as a gift or it was cheap and I just bought it not even knowing what that game is about.
    I love that you said this. of the 3 games i mentioned, all of them were given to me. Didnt know what i was doing then.

Love the responses so far. Keep it up.

Also, Loved hitman, 2 and 3 and 4. Square Enix without any doubt, completely ruined the game. There thousands if not millions of fans who would agreee (at least with absoloution)
    I'll probably never play hitman again. It's really sad, considering how great the game was. And what they're doing now with it, i don't know. Releasing one level at a time? its very sad. Frankly it is embarassing. I believe eventually there will be a studio or some group of devs willing to create a new game inspired by what made the original good.

I also made this thread to talk about just that - like how outcast is being remade by the orginal developers. Its great to see at least one or 2 of the games listed are still doing whta they do best and creating new games.

Somewhat like hitman, westwood studios was bought out by ea games and most of the devs/creators left.

Also: just want to mention - what made these games so great for me , was what i will call their initial playability. Simplicity - to some extent. Drive around, smash shit, walk around ,shoot shit, try and fail. Its this amazing accesibility, instant playability. While there might be a learning curve, that comes later on. This is what I always hated about samp servers - and, what brought me to sacnr. It was simple, easy to understand, and you learn it quickly.
    Last edited by Charles_Bukowski; 25-04-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Deus Ex (2000)
    It's surprisingly fun. The lack of a GPS map immerses you into the world and makes you learn paths and secret entrances. The newer Deus Ex games come with a objective marker by default which ruins the exploration aspect. You can turn it off thankfully. It can be frustrating at times, with aged mechanics and controls which you will have to rebind for your convenience. Graphics are not the best even for the time, but you're in luck because there are some mods that overhaul the graphics and menu entirely.

SSX TRICKY

Game for the PS2, came out in 2001. It's a snowboard simulator with quite a few awesome tracks. Used to play it a lot with my brother, late at night while everyone was asleep. Got caught by my mom a few times, but that was all worth it. We blew the dust off the PS2 recently and started playing it again and then we played for a few hours straight.

Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    parsleyjjj