Thread: Server has no "Filter" category

Server has no "Filter" category

Hi there,

Firstly, thanks a huge amount for offering this monitor as a service, it's my "go-to" monitor for SA:MP servers and the effort that's gone into it is very much appreciated!

My main server (Argonath RPG) does not appear to have a category on the website, I'm not a developer for the server, so I'm not aware if there's an add-on of some description that hasn't been updated server-side, but if it's possible from your side, can the server be added to the "Roleplay" category?

Below is the link for your reference:
    http://monitor.sacnr.com/server-1671653.html

Thanks in advance for your help!

J.

The filter works by searching for a specific set of words in the "game mode" field. Looking at the Argonoth gamemode (Rock Stars RS5.2.0a), they don't really have anything which describes themselves as RP (other than the title). I think the easiest win in this case would be to ask if they can add "RP" to their game mode description.
    it's always gee's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    The filter works by searching for a specific set of words in the "game mode" field. Looking at the Argonoth gamemode (Rock Stars RS5.2.0a), they don't really have anything which describes themselves as RP (other than the title). I think the easiest win in this case would be to ask if they can add "RP" to their game mode description.
    Thanks for your response Jamie!

If I ask nicely, is it plausible that "Rock Stars RS%" (or equivalent) can be added as a set of keywords for the game-mode? Not too sure whether the developers would change the name of the gamemode!

Best,
    J

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Thanks for your response Jamie!

If I ask nicely, is it plausible that "Rock Stars RS%" (or equivalent) can be added as a set of keywords for the game-mode? Not too sure whether the developers would change the name of the gamemode!

Best,
    J
    Hey - we search the title of the server as well as the game mode and I believe the map field as well. I think they would have the same problem if people were using the SA-MP client to find a RolePlay server. If you want to appear as a RolePlay server you have to add some kind of indication to these fields that your server is RolePlay, otherwise there's not much we can do sorry.

Cheers