Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Administration

Donating Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandar View Post
    Ans1: Of course admin abuse is not allowed, sometimes admins do like to hang around with their friends and have some fun. But if its causing you inconvenience related to the gameplay you have the right to take proofs and complain.

Ans2: Thats irrelevant, admins are humans too and sometimes they too get confused about a certain things just like you guys. It is perfectly normal, you are always welcome to correct admins when you think they said something wrong.

Ans3: Yes, all server rules are applicable to admins as well and if we have caused you excess trouble by spamming useless stuff our sincere apologies and we will try not to do that again.

Ans4: As you know we work as volunteers and we get to do regular stuff just like other players, you may think that we dont have to follow any specific set of rules but that`s not the case, we do have to follow certain guidelines and admins are surely not supposed to reply in a harsh manner to someone asking for help in the proper way.

Hope this answers all your questions.
    Alright. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpz View Post
    Answer 1: Playing around helps us de-stress, and we're encouraged to do it in a way that doesn't affect gameplay. If you feel like it affected your game play negatively; try talking to them and working it out. Most likely they'll be glad to compensate you for your losses. Chances are they won't be aware of what's happening until you tell them.

Answer 2: Knowing the rules is important. What is more important, is the ability to adapt and learn quickly. Newer admins may not know about all the loopholes and technicalities encompassing our rule book, but over time (It takes time), mentor ship from older admins and experience turn them into more knowledgeable admins.

Answer 3: There isn't a limit on commands because it's privilege that we're expected to not abuse. The admin spam you're referring to is used to either 1. Get that person's attention or 2. Purposely bring attention of that person's situation to the server. I wouldn't encourage doing it for every situation, as long as the reason shown is appropriate ("Why did you place a hit on id 69 vs "ban ban ban")

Answer 4: Admins are required to be reasonably polite in ban appeals, complaints. Remember admins are also regular players outside of their work which means they have the right to not answer questions, so you can ask questions in threads like this that are designated for questions.
    This goes for both of you, yes it answered the questions I believe, and again I asked them in sake of maybe others who might have the same questions. It isn't aimed at just one or a few administrators. I don't want any of the administrators to think "Oh wow I can't fuck around with this guy" and stuff, because that was really not my intention lol.

A general question - has your time of playing on the server increased from when you were not an administration to now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar View Post
    A general question - has your time of playing on the server increased from when you were not an administration to now?
    In my case yes, before becoming an admin I had played 850hs in 4 years now I have 1050+ :P

Donating Player Dumitras_Diaconu's Avatar
    Question: Do any of the staff members have any former admin experience or is it required? I'm asking because there was a remote controller on the server the other day, I PM'ed an admin about it and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumitras_Diaconu View Post
    Question: Do any of the staff members have any former admin experience or is it required? I'm asking because there was a remote controller on the server the other day, I PM'ed an admin about it and he didn't know what I was talking about.
    Not required. I also don't know what you're talking about, I know what RCON iss, Remote Console, but "remote controller"? In any event, if you haven't had any admin experience before, and if promoted, other admins will teach you how shit is done anyway, which has been the case for like...80% percent of all admins on sacnr... and it has worked out fine. People learn along the way. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Slizer View Post
    Not required. I also don't know what you're talking about, I know what RCON iss, Remote Console, but "remote controller"? In any event, if you haven't had any admin experience before, and if promoted, other admins will teach you how shit is done anyway, which has been the case for like...80% percent of all admins on sacnr... and it has worked out fine. People learn along the way. No biggie.
    You've never heard of a hack that allows a person to controll another's car and make it look like they are hacking or even push their cars into the ground?

Donating Player
    Quote Originally Posted by [aeHOO]_Fractale View Post
    Question about complains:
    How come some complains are closed within a really short amount of time, pratically leaving no time to the user to post his/her version of the story, while others still are open after more than a week that they were created?
    Sometimes the report doesn't need the reply of the complained user ( 24 hours ), Another times we leave short amount of time for him to reply ( 24 h - 48 h ) and tell us his defense, if he doesn't, we deal with it, and if sometimes it takes A LOT then it's because the report is being way to hard to deal with, sometimes players write insane posts and it's hard to read and understand all that stuff.

Donating Player
    You could elaborate, or /complain anyway.

You've never heard of a hack that allows a person to controll another's car and make it look like they are hacking or even push their cars into the ground?
    No. We are not required to be very technical about everything... We learn as we go. I'm gonna stop here and let Sharpz or someone else take over. I might not be able to give you the best answer on this topic I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by AChr1s View Post
    You could elaborate, or /complain anyway.
    Did you even read the question?