Thread: Player Reporting Tips

Player Reporting Tips

The new complaint system seems to be working well. But there are some things you can do to make it work even better. Here are a few tips i hope some of you will take advantage of.

• Attempt to solve the situation on your own before posting a complaint. If someone is bothering you, and break the rules, consider letting the first time go. If they continue to bother you, report them immediately.
    • There are many complaints filed daily. Make sure you have attached all the information (pictures, chat logs, explanation) so that they can be solved as fast as possible.
    • there are only so many admins. chose wisely who you think truly deserves to be reported. For example.... It would be better for everyone if you reported a Cheater instead of someone who might have insulted you.
    • don't report the same player twice for separate offenses on the same occasion (one playing session). Dont report the same player twice unless they broke the rules on two separate occasions. (two different playing sessions)
    • Make sure you have adequate or good proof before you report someone. If you don't think someone will get punished when you make the complaint, then your proof is not good enough.
    • DO NOT EDIT or alter any of your proof (chat logs, screenshots, videos)
    • Do not wait to report a player. reports made more than a week after the incident will be ignored. This rule however does not always apply.
    • Complain the player in-game before you make a complaint on the website.
    • Explain what you need to in detail. But do not tell us what you had for breakfast, your favorite you tube video or how many times you masturbated that day. Keep it simple.
    • Keep all your responses short in the complaint. Admins at SACNR are born genetically lazy and the more you write the more work we have to do.
    • If you insult anyone in a complaint, (an admin, the player complaining you, or the player you are complaining) you will be banned or your complaint will be trashed.
    • do not ask for a refund UNTIL your complaint has been solved and locked.

players, admins, add more.

Created by Blacklite at 03:10:19 14th Oct 2014

Hopefully this will encourage more people to use /complain (and not spam it!). It's a really good tool and often misused by players, new and old.

Enjoy!

• When you use /complain in-game, your complaint is seen by the admins in-game as well as admins on IRC. If there are no admins in-game, using /complain can still alert admins on IRC to an issue and they can act to kick or ban the player.
      break
    • The more players that complain about a player, the more likely they'll get dealt with quickly. So if you see someone breaking the rules, use /complain even if someone else already has!
      break
    • We ban people when they spam /complain. You shouldn't complain about a player more than once every 10 minutes unless you are adding additional information.
      break
    • If you complain about DM when you have already been killed, we usually can't do anything because there is no proof for us to go on. If your kill is still in the death list, we may be able to ask the DMer why they killed you, but otherwise there is absolutely nothing we can do. Don't expect admins to take action about a DM complaint when you've already been killed. Use /complain and take screenshots while it is happening.
      break
    • When you /complain in-game, the complaint is added to the player's permanent complaint/ban record. This helps us determine if a player often breaks rules, how harshly they should be punished, and if they are trustworthy or not.
      break
    • If you yell "ID 55 IS CHEATING" in main chat, the cheater will often stop using their cheats for a while so they don't get banned. Using /complain is silent and allows admins to quickly catch rulebreakers red-handed, which means a better gaming experience for you and everyone else on the server.
      break
    • If you complain about a player in-game, you can log into your user control panel on this website and follow up on the complaint and provide proof. This is useful if you have been killed by a DMer, but have proof and you can't find their profile page on the website.
    Last edited by Charles_Bukowski; 15-10-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Bukowski View Post
    Bumping this because it needs to be bumped.
    You're right, it had to be bumped.
    This thread could and would help many players.

If anyone wants a signature like this, feel free to leave me a visitor message. I'm so generous I will make it for free.

P.S: Provide me the picture you want in your sig please.

bumping again

bump with BL tips.

''Make sure you have adequate or good proof before you report someone. If you don't think someone will get punished when you make the complaint, then your proof is not good enough.''

What if they dont respond in 48 hours or whatever it is? isn't that an automatic guilty ban?might want to check
    out my complaint against someone who played for a week without responding and still got found not guilty!
    I PEE ON THE SIDE OF THE TOILET TO MAKE LESS NOISE

i've a comment with that .

if you are deal with hacker and u couldn't catch proof of his ab or his Car fix or something due to lag . and u are too lazy to use /complain . why no shortcut to can complain faster ? let's say " /co . to can complain faster .. then extend it on site and try to catch proof as we can .

It will be useful good job.

I would be glad if you added a format like this:

Code:
    Name: Your Name.
    Reported Player's Name: The name of the player you are reporting.
    Accusations: Why are you reporting this player?
    Proof: Post here any proof that supports your accusations.

how can i view a complain on me

Quote Originally Posted by prince View Post
    how can i view a complain on me
    https://www.sacnr.com/account/complaints/