PDA

View Full Version : Add /handsup or /giveup

corny
12-07-2017, 03:01 PM
So basically, with the new arrest system cops can take you down whenever they want, since they can just say "you weren't in arrest range", even when
you give up and stand still. I think that's not good since obviously you'd want to avoid getting taken down w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶k̶
o̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶m̶f̶e̶e̶s to avoid paying double your wanted value as fee.
Currently the situation is as follows (as explained to me by a lead admin): As soon as you resist arrest at any point (e.g. driving away from cops while they
shoot at you) the police is allowed to kill you, even when you give up a few seconds later. That's not very realistic though, as even IRL criminals are given
the chance to give up at any time, it's not like at some point a line is crossed and they will get shot to death no matter what they do.

So my proposal is as follows: whenever you're red and you want to give up, you type /handsup (or /hu; /giveup; /gu) which plays the current /handsup animation
and also has the same effects of a tazer (you can't move and rob), but permanently, until you get arrested. Additionally you can't be damaged by cops
and you automatically get arrested as soon as they enter arrest range.

I hope this makes sense to you, feel free to discuss and ask questions.

Edit:

Video to clarify why this is needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX-GG1N043w

Red_Dragon
12-07-2017, 04:56 PM
When u get taken down by a cop, ur mfees are equal to ur wanted value.

corny
13-07-2017, 11:27 PM
When u get taken down by a cop, ur mfees are equal to ur wanted value.

Right, I forgot that you don't pay mfees anymore. But it's not equal to your wanted value it's double the wanted value.
Makes my point even more valid, when you have close to no money in bank or hand and you used to pay a relatively small
mfee you now might have to pay a huge fee (let's say you kill a couple people and your wanted value is 50k, you pay 100k
when getting taken down) and go in debt.

This happened to me today btw, I got taken down and was -50k in debt after jail. This never happened to me before since
I usually only keep low amounts of money in bank and hand and used to pay small mfees.

- - - Updated - - -

Buuuump.....

ML2000
14-07-2017, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure if this is necessary. If you want to give up, just don't move and let cops take your health down until you're arrested. There is risk involved in crime and if you resist cops then you always have to be ready to get shot down.

Muria
14-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Well, I was about to suggest a thing similar to this, /arrest for the person who /handsup

corny
14-07-2017, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure if this is necessary. If you want to give up, just don't move and let cops take your health down until you're arrested. There is risk involved in crime and if you resist cops then you always have to be ready to get shot down.

wow ml i cant believe you actually wrote this. did you read what i wrote? ill upload a video in a second maybe youll understand then.

ML2000
14-07-2017, 11:33 AM
wow ml i cant believe you actually wrote this. did you read what i wrote? ill upload a video in a second maybe youll understand then.

wut bro you can do /handsup they wont gun you down cmon men

ok waiting for video

Tadi
14-07-2017, 03:14 PM
+1, black lives matter

corny
14-07-2017, 03:53 PM
wut bro you can do /handsup they wont gun you down cmon men

ok waiting for video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX-GG1N043w

As you can see I was standing still / trying to run towards them they still killed me.
If I would've had the chance to /giveup here I would've been saved a 50k debt.

[WT]Dirty
14-07-2017, 04:42 PM
There is risk involved in crime and if you resist cops then you always have to be ready to get shot down.
^pretty much.

And the cops take the risk of trying to take criminals down now. They die way more often now as well.
It's not perfect but it's way better now imo.
somebody is always gonna get ripped off.. everyone gets sabotaged on here from time to time. its just the nature of the game.

if someone wants to give up i guess that should be acceptable but so what if you lose 50k...big deal, not really worth stressin it

corny
14-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Dirty;448007']^pretty much.

And the cops take the risk of trying to take criminals down now. They die way more often now as well.
It's not perfect but it's way better now imo.
somebody is always gonna get ripped off.. everyone gets sabotaged on here from time to time. its just the nature of the game.

if someone wants to give up i guess that should be acceptable but so what if you lose 50k...big deal, not really worth stressin it

You can fuck straight off dude all you ever do is sit on forums and criticize everything I post, you don't even fucking play the game anymore.

And what you are saying doesn't make any sense "risk involved in crime you should be ready to be shot down", then cops should know the risk in shooting at me and not cry "cophunt" when I kill them as soon as they shoot one bullet at me. The cophunt rule is still in place but cops are now free to kill anyone they want? Thats bullshit. Criminals should be allowed to give themselves in whenever they want.

Btw wanted value often even exceeds 40 and 50k which would make the fee over 100k, and I often don't even have that much in hand and bank combined which results in debt.

[WT]Dirty
14-07-2017, 05:27 PM
You post suggestions, which are meant to be open to criticism and opinions. I actually supported your proposal and you still got salty. Relax.
I was busy irl for a while, and as of a week ago I finally got a chill moment in life so I've been playing a bit. Don't see why that should be an issue with voicing an opinion on the recent update...

corny
20-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Bump.........