PDA

View Full Version : Point of the game

Tadi
25-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Some recent discussions here and especially talking about pay to win in the ''getting additional property slots when donating again'' suggestion thread made me wonder what the actual point of the game is and what is considered winning.
Since this is an open environment game you can basically do whatever you like and there is no end goal. Is it getting to regular level 10, earning billions of score, being the richest player in sacnr, owning the best props, killing as many enemy group members by spraying tec9s at them while spaming ''ez'' in main chat or getting into top 10 lists?
I want you to post what your goals are and what you consider winning at the game.

Defex
25-04-2016, 09:20 AM
reg player 10, having all 3 sfpd lvpd lspd businesses and 3 rare int mansions so im thinking Las colinas HUGE ext rare int, whetstone farm rare int, flint range farm rare int. That's the dream objective in this game.

I think we can agree that generally this game does revolve around money, your main objective should always be to get atleast some kind of house and biz and then u can start doing whatever u want and do what u feel is the most fun.

P.S i also hate that bs about getting addition property slots, nobody needs that. The server doesn't have many people but literally everything valuable is already taken at all times, so why would we need more slots.

Potassium
25-04-2016, 09:21 AM
I play to relieve boredom and have a good time with my friends, so if I'm doing that then I consider myself winning. I don't care about properties or money or anything other than having fun.

thama
25-04-2016, 11:05 AM
i play 4 fun

Marca
25-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Point is pretty much in the name.

Mystikal
25-04-2016, 01:03 PM
It's sad how there isn't many players but yet still to this day,people
continue to hold every single rare property in all of sacnr. Why this
is being allowed i don't know. I really enjoyed the last couple times i
came in in played but i would still like to have one rare property. When
they refkdd the server i lost like 2 billion and before i could get a rare,
so all the time and effort put in the game went right out the window. I
don't need to be rich but for me,winning is having one rare property,seeing
something done about property hoarders and everyone and all my friends
come and play more.

[WT]Dirty
25-04-2016, 01:04 PM
My favorite part about SACNR is that you can make your own goals to achieve over time. You can be as creative as want...within the limits of game structure. Which I think could use a refresher if this place is going to get back to higher player counts consistently.
But I see what you're saying Tadi, and I think it is good to discuss. I believe that some players would like to have more things to work towards because that entices them to keep playing a game. Hence the suggestions and conversations about property stuff. Some are here to just fuck around for fun..and that's totally fine, but many people have gotten bored with the same old same old and have moved on. So implementing new rewards or recognition to keep doing things seems like it wouldn't hurt.

Personally, I'm getting closer and closer to quitting as well...simply because I've done everything that I wanted to do here. But I still find sacnr to be more fun than almost any other game out there, so now my goal has become working on ways to help keep this place active and fun. That's why I tried to get people talking about the properties and am trying to help keep the video making community going.
Since my bucket list is all checked off, I've also been going around trying to influence people to buy props in less popular areas..like willowfield for instance was getting pretty vacant, so WT came together and took it over. Then people wanted to stop us from getting so much "territory", and became a new reason to buy the previously unwanted props. Then we dipped out again and most of it is still occupied now. Are we fixing the property problem? Hardly at all, but we did influence a change so the experiment proved that you can revive things that are declining in interest...you just have to figure out ways to inspire people.
#Play4fun
#MakeSACNRGreatAgain

AC3H00D
25-04-2016, 02:09 PM
best part... leh ou quiter :)

But fr real tho, when i first joined it was all about the money, i literally did Bus & Planting drugs all the time. Then i went H.A.M as a cop..
Eventually that shit became boring and found myself having most fun in fights :)
Like it or not, erryone has their Preferences.

HoRnY_nV
25-04-2016, 02:56 PM
im Joining this game when im mad with irl stuff. Even though nowdays its a pretty much boring game , i really enjoy bursting onto others players , especially wu-tung, that's why i keep joining here.

Travis_Scott
25-04-2016, 03:33 PM
My goals in game change over time. When I started playing for example I liked playing as a cop and I set the target of 5000 arrests which I got. After that, I started being a hitman and I was leaning towards having 500 hits. Not so long ago when I got 500 hauls achievement, I decided to go for 500 taxi customers achievement. This game has a lot of possibilities which vary a lot depending on player's preference.

AkshaY
25-04-2016, 03:49 PM
You have spent about 2058:42:05 hours ingame and yet you haven't understood what the point of the game is.

What were you doing in those 2058:42:05 hours that you have spent ingame, if you havn't understood the point of this game? Why would you spend so much time on something if you don't know what it is about?

Please answer my question because im really curious.

Leatherface
25-04-2016, 04:00 PM
I think I have never actually had any specific goals while playing, although I often end up doing missions and keep completing them until there are no achievements left. But like some players above already mentioned, there are plenty of different goals you can set for yourself to achieve. They do not have to be related to the actual gameplay. Having absolutely zero enemies in the game could be a goal for someone.. although it might be quite a difficult one to achieve. There are lots of different people. Some may think it is fun to get the best properties. Some may think it is fun to arrest 20000 players. Some may think it is fun to just fuck around.

I don't really care what people play for, as long as we all have fun in the process.

Eleven
25-04-2016, 04:07 PM
first, i want to be a richass motherfucker like mr gen.franklin

but i realised, i can't, cause i suck at selling props.

right now, my goal is playing like a real pedestrian, i mean, wandering around like retard and rob people house (right now, people confuse about this. all i want is money from your house, not a fucking war)

HoRnY_nV
25-04-2016, 04:16 PM
first, i want to be a richass motherfucker like mr gen.franklin

but i realised, i can't, cause i suck at selling props.

right now, my goal is playing like a real pedestrian, i mean, wandering around like retard and rob people house (right now, people confuse about this. all i want is money from your house, not a fucking war)
still 11 years old?

Kuro
25-04-2016, 04:37 PM
The first thing i want to do is buy a icon in SACNR
and yes get my hands on some Rare Int Mansion as well.

Tadi
25-04-2016, 05:11 PM
You have spent about 2058:42:05 hours ingame and yet you haven't understood what the point of the game is.

What were you doing in those 2058:42:05 hours that you have spent ingame, if you havn't understood the point of this game? Why would you spend so much time on something if you don't know what it is about?

Please answer my question because im really curious.

Lol, i was curious about what people take as a goal, so i asked.
For myself, when i began playing i didn't really have a goal. Then i met aero/audio, who introduced me to property world so i set my goal on getting a nice house and an icon biz. Then, i got banned, lost everything and quit playing for about 5 months. Since i came back, i set my goal on owning one specific biz and one specific house (i bought the biz 2 months ago, and the house this week). Those were the main goals, of course i had some side goals like completing achivements, getting to a certain score when being a cop and so. Last times, i'm playing just to chill and roll around with my mates. I'd probably set myself some goals to achieve, but i'm kinda too busy with wt vs all gang wars.

Crazy_Nick
25-04-2016, 10:04 PM
i dont know about u guys but i won and had fun doing it

Potassium
25-04-2016, 10:51 PM
i dont know about u guys but i won and had fun doing it

woah you're alive?

Kars
26-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm just having fun, when I come online I search for a car and then drive around and kill some people, when i'm bored I /q and one hour later I do the same. I dont have a goal to reach..

[WT]Dirty
26-04-2016, 12:33 PM
thanks again tadi, for making this thread.. i have found this to be rather interesting so far that it's pretty much 50/50 between earning money for dreamy props and just fucking around for fun for a little while to relieve boredom or w/e. maybe we're not in as bad of shape as people like to say, because the game design makes both of those objectives pretty easy to participate in by comparison to other servers i've tried.

Isairic
26-04-2016, 02:04 PM
I haven't really established any goals yet, I just play for the sake of playing the game. When I feel like playing as a cop, I will and vice versa. Long-term planning in gaming isn't really my style.

Audio
06-08-2016, 11:41 PM
whetstone rare

Psst
07-08-2016, 12:35 AM
I will share one goal with ya. I always wanted this house
https://www.sacnr.com/house/1477/

Tjardo[Robber]
07-08-2016, 08:56 AM
be best cop and civ ingame

Tadi
07-08-2016, 11:59 AM
I figured out what the main goal is, it is to kill Bentung on bike.

JonasdeFilho
08-08-2016, 05:52 PM
I figured out what the main goal is, it is to kill Bentung on bike.

Lmao

All I want is to see 100+ again so I can enjoy playing this one more time. And buy my old pp mansion .

Zeratul420
08-08-2016, 09:51 PM
I mainly just fuck around and chat now. If I need to relax I just drive around or fly a rustler.

[aeHOO]Suicune
09-08-2016, 12:28 AM
to see whoever has the bigger virtual dick

Lag_slammer
09-08-2016, 06:58 AM
As cop: Arrest the hardest player to catch (there is no one atm)
As criminal: Never get arrested
As robber: Rob the most players and money without getting robbed
As hitman: Kill the most hits without getting killed for hit and being able to kill ANY person for hit.

Get revenge and give lessons to the enemies.

=DCM=Gen.Frankie
09-08-2016, 12:48 PM
The point of this server is be the best that you can be, "example look at =DCM=Gen Frankie"

;)

JK!

Folly91
09-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Tony420;436432']I will share one goal with ya. I always wanted this house
https://www.sacnr.com/house/1477/

Still my house is better than yours: https://www.sacnr.com/house/1203/

Bentung_Kali
10-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Lol Tadi

Bentung Must Die!

My point is: Admins implemented to much Bullshit suggestion. You go to far = peoples leave

Cop_CorrupTor
11-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Having fun :)

[aeHOO]Suicune
11-08-2016, 01:54 AM
Having fun :)

you are so cute :^)

Charles_Bukowski
11-08-2016, 06:07 AM
the whole point is . have more fun then everyone else then you win at most fun

Charles_Bukowski
SACNR Veteran

Psst
11-08-2016, 06:19 AM
Still my house is better than yours: https://www.sacnr.com/house/1203/

Nice, so you got your dream house too?

Sphinx_
11-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Lol Tadi

Bentung Must Die!

My point is: Admins implemented to much Bullshit suggestion. You go to far = peoples leave

Bentung seems to be right... after the last 1 or 2 updates the daily player count dropped from 40/50 every day at the highest moments, to 13/15 and 3 peepz at Europe night time (Mostly 420 here who do 420civiwars.) maybe some things should be turned back?

Psst
12-08-2016, 12:07 AM
I do like to rob 800K from businesses, also try to do the biggest group robbery, I compete against others and myself.

Quetzalcoatl
03-09-2016, 10:01 AM
quetza iz da best

I play 4 funz

carb0n
04-09-2016, 04:56 PM
the point of the game is to steal money from the rich and buy things with it

13-09-2016, 05:12 PM
The point of the game is to pwn dairis on a race and get the best corner in driftinnn while overtaking someone, rest is bullshit :D