PDA

View Full Version : Discuss "tk and run"

Slizer
18-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I would like to know what people here thinks about when cops for example drive very fast to a ticketable player, tickets them and then runs away from the scene, to go on about other businesses, or to make it so that player isn't able to pay their tickets and becomes arrestable because no other cops are nearby. This usually doesn't matter around PD's, but on other places where less players are at.

Personally I haven't been against it, not just when I've been playing as a cop, but as civilian, as I don't see this as a big deal (I think we have too many rules and this is one of my least worries). But I know that a lot of players complain about it and thinks it's annoying.

I'd say suspects should be able to use /pay even if there are no cops nearby, and the money would go to the closest cop. It would solve the problems for the both sides. I don't see any drawbacks about this change, if anyone does, feel free to point it out.

A suggestion by Mandar to solve this problem is being discussed here: http://forum.sacnr.com/threads/31143-Ticket-Booths (Alternative 2 - /pay with infinite range)

Potassium
18-05-2013, 10:24 AM
If someone did that to me I would just hit them or kill them after I had been arrested/killed (after turning red from not being able to pay the ticket), as it comes under the valid reason "directly caused you to lose money in some way". Obviously if I was able to pay the ticket I would not do anything to them.

Making it an official rule would add yet another rule to the already-too-long list of rules.

EDIT: I think the title of the poll should be different because it isn't a rule already. But I voted yes anyway.

fjordi.doci
18-05-2013, 10:36 AM
it is anoying! when you have hit you have enough hitmans chasing you! i am shure you dont need cops also comming after so they better stay there and wait for the tk if they dont want hit.

Owl
18-05-2013, 10:41 AM
I very rarely play as a civilian but I would be pissed if someone did it to me. On the other side, it's also annoying when you're a cop and issue a ticket to someone and they make you wait for 25 seconds then pay.

I'd say suspects should be able to use /pay even if there are no cops nearby, and the money would go to the closest cop. It would solve the problems for the both sides. I don't see any drawbacks about this change, if anyone does, feel free to point it out.

Mandar
18-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Most of the time what happens is that when cops team up, suppose there are say 6 cars in a car(4 inside 2 on top). They are chasing someone and meanwhile a yellow guy passes by and one of the cops(not the driver) tickets him and the one who is driving(including other cops in the car) is not even aware of that so he keeps on driving, at such times it cant be called intentional /tk and run, so yes it becomes quite confusing at times that who exactly was responsible for that, the cop who was driving or the one who issued the ticket.

This happens a lot nowadays and I am not sure if it is intentional or not.

Esperence
18-05-2013, 10:47 AM
cop should run after the wanted player, not the wanted player run after the cop, i voted no

sEarch
18-05-2013, 10:50 AM
cop should run after the wanted player, not the wanted player run after the cop, i voted no

Good point here !

Cops who want recive a plaid /tk must run after suspect , no suspect after cop...

Other good point here:

Most of the time what happens is that when cops team up, suppose there are say 6 cars in a car(4 inside 2 on top). They are chasing someone and meanwhile a yellow guy passes by and one of the cops(not the driver) tickets him and the one who is driving is not even aware of that so he keeps on driving, at such times it cant be called intentional /tk and run, so yes it becomes quite confusing at times that who exactly was responsible for that, the cop who was driving or the one who issued the ticket.

O yes about poll i am between yes and no :)

Mandar
18-05-2013, 12:30 PM
http://forum.sacnr.com/threads/31143-Ticket-Booths?p=278322#post278322

:D :D :D :D

Bezz
18-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Allow it? Nah.
Why? Making reds on purpose would be awesome for us cops, but nah.. it's really not fair. Cops are already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to overpowered. Don't give us the option to make our own reds

AhmdOda
18-05-2013, 01:19 PM
you should be able to hit them thats all

haydugjr
18-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Most of the time what happens is that when cops team up, suppose there are say 6 cars in a car(4 inside 2 on top). They are chasing someone and meanwhile a yellow guy passes by and one of the cops(not the driver) tickets him and the one who is driving(including other cops in the car) is not even aware of that so he keeps on driving, at such times it cant be called intentional /tk and run, so yes it becomes quite confusing at times that who exactly was responsible for that, the cop who was driving or the one who issued the ticket.

When I played cop this would happen at least once an hour. Since /tk and run was never a rule I just ignored the people complaining to me about it, especially since the people smart enough to complain about it in chat have no problems finding another cop to pay.

Gangster_nV
19-05-2013, 01:53 AM
mangangster always do this to me. then he comes and arrests me

CM707
19-05-2013, 01:59 AM

AChr1s
19-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Owl is right! It's indeed lame when the cops go and /tk and run away, but sometimes it's not their fault ... So , /pay available where no cops around would work.

gibu90
19-05-2013, 02:46 AM

Charles_Bukowski
19-05-2013, 03:01 AM
not a problem/not even worth discussing

Carbon
19-05-2013, 03:48 AM
Admins themselves have no idea about the rule... And I was banned for the shitty deed!

Potassium
19-05-2013, 05:39 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shifty
19-05-2013, 06:10 AM
If we are allowing this there will come situations such as someone /rb the cop ticketed and runned away, robber becamed red and the cop is comming back to /ar him.

Droog
19-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Usually if a cop tickets me and runs away i go after him and ram him a bit till he tickets me then i don't pay on purpose and they start shooting cuz they can't wait so then i kill them their deserved death ok.

Ben18
19-05-2013, 01:41 PM
obviously it shouldn't be allowed, cops shouldnt issue a ticket to a player and then run, it also falls under common sense. The player must pay the ticket, it's the cop job to wait till the player pays it

Mexi
19-05-2013, 03:09 PM

I do this 24/7 with him.

Jesse_James
19-05-2013, 03:20 PM
I do this 24/7 with him.
If you do that with mangangster,that doesnt mean you can do that with other players,and doesnt mean that u can do same thing with friends,and enemies,so your comment makes no sense.

Henry_Jiggy
19-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Oh suuuure it's not a problem. See i have 2 stars here from either a /rob or car thefts and just restocked on guns, then a cop tks me and runs away and there are no other cops nearby.

Audio
19-05-2013, 08:21 PM
If that "ticket bot" gets added, make sure that the nigga cop won't get the money from the ticket.

Henry_Jiggy
24-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Why dont we just increase the range for paying and leave the same range for ticketing... There would be about 5s less time to run away after that, unless the cop is already at high speed.

fma965
24-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Why dont we just increase the range for paying and leave the same range for ticketing... There would be about 5s less time to run away after that, unless the cop is already at high speed.

yh but why do we have a range for paying in the first place??? seems kinda stupid... should be able to pay from any where (obviously in a certain amount of time though)

Also money should go to person who tk'ed not some noob who is driving past.

Henry_Jiggy
02-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Also money should go to person who tk'ed not some noob who is driving past.

This is annoying.
Yeah, thinking straight, this is arcade, why do we have a pay range anyways? I vote to remove this shit