PDA

View Full Version : Helping out a mate.

Tom
03-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello,

I really think that the rules concerning teaming with your friends should be altered slightly. If a fellow group member or buddy is being attacked by someone else, you should be able to kill the attacker to protect your friend. I've never really appreciated the fact of the inability to help out a friend who is under attack be it by hitmen, DMers or cops.

If I can be on top of a car with my wanted friend, I can open fire on the cops but if I'm in another car - I can't.

I'm sure the usual argument of "your friend should just hit the attacker then". Well firstly, you can't hit cops for doing their job and a friend attacking cops who are pursuing a friend isn't cophunt, as you'd simply just be disabling their vehicle. Secondly, what if your friend is in too much of a stick situation to the point of them being deprived of the ability to stop for a few seconds and type /hit?

And like with cophunting in general, it's not cophunt if the cop has to be killed in order to secure your friend's escape.

That's all I have to say.

/discuss

MK_Flash
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I totally agree with you.

vuk
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
i agree if im the one they are chasing if im chasing then i dont agree

Tom
03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
i agree if im the one they are chasing if im chasing then i dont agree

Really? I've always loved the idea of a friend calling you (literally?) and informing you that you are being chased by hitmen or cops and then you making your way to the area of action and disabling the vehicles of the pursuers.

AChr1s
I Agree , mostly when you are seeing the player is getting attacked , and you cant shoot because they complain ... its a good idea Agonul

LJ_Burrows
Since when you can't defend your friend lol.

Tom
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Since when you can't defend your friend lol.

Since March 2009.

LJ_Burrows
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Since March 2009.

If im the one riding the bike or car and my friend is the one who has the hit and is as passenger i kill the guy who is trying to kill him if he shoots at me , same with DMers , but not with cops , if there are cops trying to /ar my bro i just escape and he press "h" and shoots at their tires.

Tom
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
If im the one riding the bike or car and my friend is the one who has the hit and is as passenger i kill the guy who is trying to kill him if he shoots at me , same with DMers , but not with cops , if there are cops trying to /ar my bro i just escape and he press "h" and shoots at their tires.

Clearly you haven't read the thread properly.

LJ_Burrows
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Clearly you haven't read the thread properly.

No i didnt , you edit it or i only saw a part i dont know why :S.

But im still agree with you.

SuddenDeath30
03-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Yea +1 but usually if a friend get attacked, i'm driving the car so i'm able to kill without any DM :D

vegal
03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Hello,

I really think that the rules concerning teaming with your friends should be altered slightly. If a fellow group member or buddy is being attacked by someone else, you should be able to kill the attacker to protect your friend. I've never really appreciated the fact of the inability to help out a friend who is under attack be it by hitmen, DMers or cops.

If I can be on top of a car with my wanted friend, I can open fire on the cops but if I'm in another car - I can't.

I'm sure the usual argument of "your friend should just hit the attacker then". Well firstly, you can't hit cops for doing their job and a friend attacking cops who are pursuing a friend isn't cophunt, as you'd simply just be disabling their vehicle. Secondly, what if your friend is in too much of a stick situation to the point of them being deprived of the ability to stop for a few seconds and type /hit?

And like with cophunting in general, it's not cophunt if the cop has to be killed in order to secure your friend's escape.

That's all I have to say.

/discuss
I remember when I was new [GSF]BoB_Julian killed me when i tried to shoot at H0rn because he had a hit. When questioned he said Blacklite allowed it.

Because I was new I said ok and payed meds. I dont get why you dont make your own rules up on the go like some of the admins did / do

Zigg
03-08-2012, 10:52 PM
I agree with this. But it brings some questions.

As long as the team is in the same car, there's no problem identifying the team, so you're sure you're not getting randomly DM'd. But what happens once the vehicle the team uses is disabled? How to clearly make a difference between the members of the team who have the right to attack you and random DMers?

vegal
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I agree with this. But it brings some questions.

As long as the team is in the same car, there's no problem identifying the team, so you're sure you're not getting randomly DM'd. But what happens once the vehicle the team uses is disabled? How to clearly make a difference between the members of the team who have the right to attack you and random DMers?
Basically this is how it will happen. I see a red with trouble from the cops. I swoop in and *phew phew* all the cops. This means I can cophunt anyone who is shooting a red because they are my "friend" lol

Zigg
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Basically this is how it will happen. I see a red with trouble from the cops. I swoop in and *phew phew* all the cops. This means I can cophunt anyone who is shooting a red because they are my "friend" lol
That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

Charles_Bukowski
03-08-2012, 11:27 PM
i never punish ppl for this and i always do it so regardless of what the rules say i dont give a fuck

Zigg
03-08-2012, 11:49 PM
regardless of what the rules say i dont give a fuck
You're definitely a great admin.

aldanone
03-08-2012, 11:54 PM
totallly agree +1

Crazy_Nick
04-08-2012, 12:23 AM
good idea +1

AxA
04-08-2012, 12:56 AM
I totally agree with Agonul's suggestion but then if a cop kills a white in a reds car he should not be punished either... Too often lately I see red on a bike riding with a white passanger so the cop would kill the white first and get /punished for this... Maybe a sollution is that if a cop attacks a car with a red player inside, all other passangers/driver turn red no matter what. Also they should turn red at first shot near a cop, I was chasing lots of cars as a cop and white players disabling my vehicle without turning red - this is crap. And no, I did not have a hit...

Zigg
04-08-2012, 01:28 AM
I totally agree with Agonul's suggestion but then if a cop kills a white in a reds car he should not be punished either... Too often lately I see red on a bike riding with a white passanger so the cop would kill the white first and get /punished for this... Maybe a sollution is that if a cop attacks a car with a red player inside, all other passangers/driver turn red no matter what. Also they should turn red at first shot near a cop, I was chasing lots of cars as a cop and white players disabling my vehicle without turning red - this is crap. And no, I did not have a hit...
I totally agree with you.

Agusanz
04-08-2012, 01:38 AM

You are right.. the same situation happened to me, and it really sucks...
we need a better explanation of the rules or a modification about this

and i agree with Agonul's idea +1

haydugjr
04-08-2012, 03:51 AM
I thought it was like this already, so +1

Potassium
04-08-2012, 04:11 AM
How would you avoid situations such as the following?:

>Cop is chasing red guy
>Another random red guy comes and cophunts
>Cop complains
>Red guy lies and says he was helping first red guy, but in reality he'd never even seen him before

The admins then have to go and find out if he is telling the truth, if the first red guy really did ask him to help etc

In my opinion it just sounds like more work for the admins when half of them don't even do anything except make private events for their friends and then ban anyone who accidentally crosses the path of the event anyway.

DeathStrike
04-08-2012, 04:23 AM

>Cop is chasing red guy
>Cop complains
>Red guy lies and says he was helping first red guy, but in reality he'd never even seen him before

The admins then have to go and find out if he is telling the truth, if the first red guy really did ask him to help etc

In my opinion it just sounds like more work for the admins when half of them don't even do anything except make private events for their friends and then ban anyone who accidentally crosses the path of the event anyway.

Yea agreed, it could be tricky. But I agree with Agonul and you too!

+1 agonul, very nice suggestion

Ananya
04-08-2012, 08:49 AM

>Cop is chasing red guy
>Cop complains

TBH i like the Idea of Agonul.
And as Potassium said that people would fake with this. But what when someone cophunts when there is no admin online? Players have to get screens and videos as proofs. This would also work here but now the proofs must be more clear if this one gets implemented and the situation has to be more clear in the proofs.

Or we could have another rule with it.

How about, we could only Protect the friends of our who are already in our in-game friend list. How about it?

/discuss :P

Trxye
04-08-2012, 08:58 AM
I agree with this +1 :cool:

sisir55
04-08-2012, 12:54 PM
omg it'd be so difficult to kill someone then. And i totally agree with what potassium said.

Mihai
04-08-2012, 01:01 PM
and allow cops to kill whites/yellows in self defence

last_pogi
04-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I think they should be on the same group (/group) to help each other.

Ben18
04-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I agree too +1 :)

Erion
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Maybe adding a condition? To help your friend, wherever you of he/she is, you must be in the same group, so admins will know if he/she is really your friend, or if you're abusing. If that can be done, of course... :confused:

But the overall idea is wonderful. I've wanted to kill reds that kill my cop friends, lots of times... :D

Kartik
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I like the idea.. +1

Mexi
04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
All i can say its :notbad:

Tom
04-08-2012, 04:51 PM
and allow cops to kill whites/yellows in self defence

They needn't do that. Cops have access to arrest whereas civilians don't. If a white/yellow opens fire on a cop then the cop can report them for cophunting and/or open fire back in attempt to apprehend the suspect (as stars are attained as soon as the white/yellow opens fire on a law enforcement personnel).

>Cop is chasing red guy
>Cop complains

It could very well easily be narrowed down to this only applying to those who are on your friends list. Meaning, in order for you to save their sorry hide they must be on your friends list. That way, this idea can get put to good use and also not make our job as difficult. Personally, those who are on my friends list are the only people I'd stick my neck out for anyway.

Zigg
04-08-2012, 04:55 PM
They needn't do that. Cops have access to arrest whereas civilians don't. If a white/yellow opens fire on a cop then the cop can report them for cophunting and/or open fire back in attempt to apprehend the suspect.
So cops would have the right to shoot at yellow/white players for self-defense?

It could very well easily be narrowed down to this only applying to those who are on your friends list. Meaning, in order for you to save their sorry hide they must be on your friends list. That way, this idea can get put to good use and also not make our job as difficult. Personally, those who are on my friends list are the only people I'd stick my neck out for anyway.
Great point.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM
They needn't do that. Cops have access to arrest whereas civilians don't. If a white/yellow opens fire on a cop then the cop can report them for cophunting and/or open fire back in attempt to apprehend the suspect.

rules haven't fucking changed. as a cop, you can not shoot at civilians if they are white or yellow, end of story. that's why we have the anti-dm feature.quotedfromhere (http://forum.sacnr.com/showthread.php?21779-Shooting-Whites-allways-fair/page6)

:/ im gona shoot myself.. Agonul im totally with your opinion, i dont find fair that we cannot shoot back when we have a hit on just cos the hitman isnt getting red (witch really pisses me off).

I even oppened a thread (http://forum.sacnr.com/showthread.php?21779-Shooting-Whites-allways-fair) about it as noone really had the ideas clear..some admins and players agreed with me and others didnt. Till Bl just decided to close my thread... YES, Blacklite, we all know that it is really clear and we cannot shoot whites/yellows back, you dont have to tell us again, but im sorry to say, that in the cop position/view i see this really unfair :/

Tom
04-08-2012, 05:09 PM
So cops would have the right to shoot at yellow/white players for self-defense?

Absolutely not! Cops can never shoot at yellow/white players, they needn't. When a yellow/white shoots at a cop then wanted stars are attained within an instant.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Absolutely not! Cops can never shoot at yellow/white players, they needn't. When a yellow/white shoots at a cop then wanted stars are attained within an instant.

check up what i just posted bro. When a COP has a hit and a CIV shoots at him the civ wont get red .. if you want video proof let me know i will post in 5minutes..

Zigg
04-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Actually no. White players can disable a car full of cops without getting wanted...

aldanone
04-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Actually no. White players can disable a car full of cops without getting wanted...

OMGG ALL STOP posting and read what i say b4, lol

Zigg
04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
OMGG ALL STOP posting and read what i say b4, lol
What's your problem? I've just said the same as you.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 05:23 PM
What's your problem? I've just said the same as you.

https://ft1.sacnr.com/TLr/facepalm.gif

PD: sorry for the spam and the time in deleting our coments agonul..

Zigg
04-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Seriously, say clearly what you mean Aldanone instead of posting gifs.

Rhaegar
04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I like it .....+1

LJ_Burrows
04-08-2012, 05:44 PM

They can't , they get wanted , only like alda said if the cops has hit the hitman or robber won't get stars.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Seriously, say clearly what you mean Aldanone instead of posting gifs.

They can't , they get wanted , only like alda said if the cops has hit the hitman or robber won't get stars.

^ need to explain, will?

Edit: anywais you said "i posted the same as you" im not sure if you did this b4 or after i posted.. if it was after i guess i can only say thanx for trying to prove my point..

Zigg
04-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Edit: anywais you said "i posted the same as you" im not sure if you did this b4 or after i posted.. if it was after i guess i can only say thanx for trying to prove my point..
lol It was obviously after, how can you not see that?...

aldanone
04-08-2012, 05:59 PM
lol It was obviously after, how can you not see that?...

Agonul didnt see what i posted b4 him.. i thought you didnt either, thats why.. anywais thanx but what you said barely happens bro, what i said allwais happens :/

Zigg
04-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Agonul didnt see what i posted b4 him.. i thought you didnt either, thats why.. anywais thanx but what you said barely happens bro, what i said allwais happens :/
It happens often enough to be taken into consideration, that's what I was trying to say.

Tom
04-08-2012, 06:04 PM

That shouldn't happen because if a civ fires around a law enforcement then they should get stars.

Zigg
04-08-2012, 06:07 PM
That shouldn't happen because if a civ fires around a law enforcement then they should get stars.
They should, but unfortunately it's not always the case.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 06:08 PM

yes, agonul. This should happen (i guess sometimes it doesnt due to lag/desync)........ BUT when a COP has a hit he and a hitman shoots at him he wont get red if the cop is in a vehicle (no matter how close the hitman is)

If you want we can go IG and i can show you :/

LJ_Burrows
04-08-2012, 06:15 PM
yes, agonul. This should happen (i guess sometimes it doesnt due to lag/desync)........ BUT when a COP has a hit he and a hitman shoots at him he wont get red if the cop is in a vehicle (no matter how close the hitman is)

Lol , alda , he is not saying if he has a hit , he is saying that , that shouldnt happend if the civs are shooting the cops without a hit on them.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Lol , alda , he is not saying if he has a hit , he is saying that , that shouldnt happend if the civs are shooting the cops without a hit on them.

10charizards

ML2000
04-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes,that's great suggestion,cause i think people don't give a fuck about this rule or are forgetting it,because i don't see,where is it written down?

LJ_Burrows
04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Ok aldy , dont shout at lj lol , but he knows that a hitman doesn't get wanted if he shoots a hit.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Ok aldy , dont shout at lj lol , but he knows that a hitman doesn't get wanted if he shoots a hit.

sorry bro, im just stressed cos i cannot concentrate in the studies, lol.. Also im not sure if he really know about this as at the end its basicly the same..

Tom
04-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Then the hitman should go red if they attacks a cop.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 07:11 PM

should , but unfortunatelly never happens. And its more than tested by me that it isnt a lag/desync issue :(

Skully
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
I remember that was changed because cops would go into houses and just stay there and whenever they get attacked, making it impossible to complete their hit.

aldanone
04-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I remember that was changed because cops would go into houses and just stay there and whenever they get attacked, making it impossible to complete their hit.

^true.. thats why we must find another solution.

It came from beeing unfair to Hitmans to >> beeing unfair for COPS

nothing solved really :/

woot246
05-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Couldnt agree more +1

haydugjr
05-08-2012, 03:23 AM

So how bout, it's like it used to be if you're in a car, but if you're on foot it's like it is now.

westen
05-08-2012, 04:37 AM
+1 I agree what you say and this should be allowed.

06-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Aha, so lets say I drive by with a red, we disable each other's cars, I can't kill him, cuz its not allowed to take down when you can arrest, so I run after him, he can shoot me if he wants, as to save himself, but some random fag can come kill me and say, thats my friend. GREAT IDEA U HAVE HERE.