Thread: How to run your GTA SA faster with less lags

How to run your GTA SA faster with less lags

When we first get the game, The game will automatically set your display settings at the highest it can get. This will make your game very laggy and in some cases un-playable especially if you're playing online. This won't be a problem if you have the latest gaming computer. But the majority of us have a windows computer. Here are the steps to improve your game

Step 1. Open the file where your GTA San Andreas folder is located at. If you can't find it then it's in the directory where you first installed it. Ex. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\

Step 2. Click on the gta_sa.exe

Step 3. When the game is at the main menu, Click on Options.

Step 4. Click on Display Setup.

Step 5. Click on Advance Settings

Step 6. Set your Draw Distance meter to the lowest bar. What Draw Distance does is set how much of space and the environment load around you. If set to the highest bar it, The environment will expand but it will make you lag

Step. 7 Turn off your Frame Limiter. The Frame Limiter limits the frames per second the game runs.

Step. 8 Set your Visual FX Quality to low. The Visual FX Quality is how much of quality you want to see in the game. If set to Very High, It will make the environment very textured and it will enable shadows. This though will lag your game so it is recommended to set it on low

Step. 9 Set your screen resolution to 600x800 or 800x600.

Now your game will run faster with less lags

There is a optional step if you want to make it run a little more faster. I used it and it made my GTA SA run a little more faster then before.

Step. 1 Go on Google and type "GameGain"

Step. 2 Go to the first link not the sponsored links.

Step. 3 Go to the website and download it.

Step. 4 After the download is finished, install it on your computer

Step. 5 Set the setting to Fast.

Step. 6 After the process is done you'll need to restart your computer

This programs pushes your graphics card a little higher then before.

Donating Player
    Ty for this. Knew it, not the game-gain part though. My PC needs this, if I post my specs here I would be banned for them, they are too bad, lol. +2 Rep.

Forget about any "game boosters" and shit, they just make things worse. Instead make sure you're not running any unneccessary processes (from task manager) while playing.

Secondly, forget about turning the frame limiter off. It makes the game basically unplayable. Instead, keep your frame limiter on and type /fpslimit 50 (number being the amount that your PC can handle, test it out).

Lowering the graphic settings for less lag, I think that is just common sense??

And honestly, playing a game from the year 2005 with 800x600 resolution and lowest settings..? I think it's fairly safe to say it's time for an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by HitzOr View Post
    Forget about any "game boosters" and shit, they just make things worse. Instead make sure you're not running any unneccessary processes (from task manager) while playing.

Secondly, forget about turning the frame limiter off. It makes the game basically unplayable. Instead, keep your frame limiter on and type /fpslimit 50 (number being the amount that your PC can handle, test it out).

Lowering the graphic settings for less lag, I think that is just common sense??

And honestly, playing a game from the year 2005 with 800x600 resolution and lowest settings..? I think it's fairly safe to say it's time for an upgrade.
    ^^^ exactly what he said

Banned
    Scroll down at 600 x 800 x 32, 16 bit comes, no lag at all.. I play SA-MP 0.3d with absolutely no lag at 1366 x 768 x 16.